Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Found this on the net
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
http://www.disputes.org/eresolution/decisions/0173.htm

Wayne has big nuts trying to register automobileatlanta.com as his!

heh heh heh!
maf914
Man, that was a wierd one. I wonder if it cost Wayne anything?

How did you happen to find that Karl, surfing legal actions?

And meanwhile, Wayne has been selling George's repro flares! LOL!

Mike
Neal
As bad as AA's rep is that was a BS move on Waynes part, the fact he could not back up his parody claim is proof he was just being sneaky. Do buisness
in a legitiment way. mad.gif
Neal
airsix
Read through it and have to say that I am very dissapointed. That's just not cool.
-Ben M.
Pnambic
Yeah, but that was three years ago. I wasn't following 14ers so much then, so I don't know what AA's customer service record was at that time. I also don't know when Pelican was created or how popular they were then.

If I remember correctly, he'd just lose the money he's invested in the domain name. (ie. no refund on registration fees and parking fees if applicable) If AA could prove that they were actually financially harmed in some way, they could probably pursue that matter in court, but that's out of ICANN's jurisdiction.

I dunno....personally, after the horror stories I've heard about AA's customer service, if I were new and unfamiliar with the different resources available on the web for Porsches, I might consider it a favor to be redirected to Pelican.
wink.gif
Lawrence
I wonder if this little tidbit has been posted on the PP BBS... lol2.gif

Amused,
Rusty
Scott S
Yep - several years ago. The responses were nearly a mirror image of those on this list when all of those people were bashing AA on thier own forum. It was pretty funny.
Aaron Cox
I think that is pretty messed up. whats next- hussey registering pelicansparts.com lol, i agree- do business legitimately sad.gif
Qarl
Reminds me when Wayne was the winning bidder on the E-bay auction for a private phone consultation with Dr. 914!

biggrin.gif
kdfoust
Maybe that explains why 1/3 of the orders I've received from Pelican have had wrong stuff/wrong quantities; they've been too busy playing on the web to dial the business basics.
Brad Roberts
Whoa.. smackdown Kevin clap56.gif

Tell us how you really feal...LOL

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

B
meursault
Any way you slice it, this whole bit was pretty sleazy on Wayne's part. Whatever your feelings about Automobile Atlanta mey be, this kind of tactic against the competition is just bad form. Worse in my opinion to negative political ads.

Parodies and cheap shots against your competitor are no way to drum up business.
Curvie Roadlover
I remember when this came up on the PP BBS. I thought it was pretty funny. When you typed in automobileatlanta.com it took you right to pelicanparts.com. Kinda sleazy, true, but kinda funny too! happy11.gif
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(kdfoust @ Jul 9 2003, 03:21 PM)
Maybe that explains why 1/3 of the orders I've received from Pelican have had wrong stuff/wrong quantities; they've been too busy playing on the web to dial the business basics.

It's too bad that amazon.com doesn't sell 914 parts. They have a really "slick" operation and I've never had a problem with them. You always know the status of your order and they always ship the right stuff in the time frame that they say they will. Plus, you can cancel your order anytime before they ship.

Just my $0.02.
Brad Roberts
All the .bombs where trying to register each others domain names back in early 2K. It was the thing to do.

Think about Waynes age in 2K. He would have been.. what ?? 25-26 ?? I know he is younger than me (32)

B
krk
Well, first, I can't complain about PP's treatment of me. Even when an order had missing parts that I didn't notice for a while (don't ask how long----ugh) they honored it and shipped me the electical harness for my oil cooler. So they've treated me well.

And it's true that a couple of years back, the "internet land grab" was on -- you don't have to look too hard to see major BS happening from that time.

But in a modern time, grabbing someone else's domain just to mess with them, is a cheezy way of doing business. (ask me -- if you look for a company name [and the accompanying domain] today, you will dig a while... and you will find squatters ar15.gif sitting on names they have no intent to use -- they just want to hold them to sell to you -- I elected to look for a few weeks extra and work out something that gives those jerks ZERO)

Anyway, my only real comment is that if you are in service, show it -- and ditch the cheezy tactics.

kim.
Joe Bob
Ahhhhh, it's funny. If you knew how much of a tight ass he was.....
Qarl
Speaking of tight asses Mike... where's that avatar from?

I always get mesmirized by it!
redshift
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jul 9 2003, 06:29 PM)
Speaking of tight asses Mike... where's that avatar from?

I always get mesmirized by it!

I want to be like mikez... aktion035.gif -mikez swoosh logo- smilie_pokal.gif

D'dja see his driveway? icon22_2.gif

Back out to the right, and drive into paradise.. his grass grows the perfect length, and his cars grow bigger engines...

I'll bet he could find Saddam Hussein.

M (no relation)
rick 918-S
I remember when Wayne did that. It was funny. I highly dought Wayne ever did any harm to AA. Based on the testomonials I've read on the WWW Wayne could hardly compete with the selfdistructive sales practices excersized by the AA staff. I agree he probably did them a favor. BTW; what happened to the alien smiley mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.