Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock 3.6 oil coolers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Anyone have any pictures of a stock 3.6 oil cooler? I'm just curious what kind of surface area Porsche decided was necessary to cool that engine.
McMark
icon_bump.gif

biggrin.gif

Anyone?
Joe Bob
Um...they be external.....I use a MOCAL up front and a Carrera one inn the wheel well.
McMark
I was unclear. I know they're external. I was wondering what external/up-front oil coolers were run in a stock 3.6.
SirAndy
BIG ...

i had a close look at roger sheridan's setup and he uses 2 huge front oil coolers, with a combined surface area exceeding the area of a V8 radiator from renegade ...

lemmy see if i can dig up pictures ...
wink.gif Andy
SirAndy
ok, found a pic. setup is 2 coolers, set in and angle (V) ...

SirAndy
other side ...

soupbone
Found a pic of a 993 3.6 cooler assembly.

http://www.911pcar.com/images_old/993%20oi...20system%20.JPG
McMark
So it looks like what Andy posted is two stock coolers running in tandem. What's the thing on the right?
sixnotfour
Oil Tank beer3.gif
McMark
Well sheeeit, that's a small friggin' cooler. Now to find out the dimensions of it.
Joe Bob
Like I said.....I used a stock Carrera wheel well cooler and found that the temps were a bit higher than "optimal"....so I added a 30 row Mocal cooler in the front.

I also plan on installing a full time fan on the cooler in the wheel well. Street temps are fine but on a hot track day the temps can get up there.
Series9
This one keeps my 3.6 cool:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.