Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are factory seats worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john77
I have a pair of seats from my 73 that I want to sell, but I have no clue what they're worth and google aint really helping as the prices I'm seeing are all over the place.

They were in my 73 when I bought it and the PO had just had them reupholstered in basketweave. I immediately pulled them out as I bought a pair of factory recaro sports seats and they've been sitting in my closet ever since.

IPB Image

John
mepstein
I think around $500-600 would be reasonable if the upholstery was done correctly. They do look nice in pic.
914Sixer
Shipping is the killer. They don't weigh anything but they ship oversize and they don't fold up.
thelogo
They are worth alot

Like 5-9 hundred ,pair

Especially for a tall guy like me who would never really
Fit in a 914 with after market or 911 seats pray.gif
Larmo63
I shipped a pair to Florida, I didn't think it was all that bad dollar wise.
mepstein
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 17 2018, 06:44 PM) *

I shipped a pair to Florida, I didn't think it was all that bad dollar wise.

agree.gif about $100-175 depending where you are in the US.
Coondog
PM sent
rhodyguy
Uhaul wardrobe box. Cut it down a bit.
Aidan
LOVE them, I wish I was ready.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 17 2018, 02:14 PM) *

I think around $500-600 would be reasonable if the upholstery was done correctly.

Wow. I should sell my extras.

Was cloth inserts ever a factory option?
bretth
I had a set shipped to me via Greyhound bus which cost 75$ from MN to N.Y.. Just makes sure they are packed well.
VaccaRabite
Man, I've given a way a bunch of them over the years...

Zach
flippa
agree.gif

Greyhound is a great shipping option if you and the buyer are close to a terminal. I have shipped several tranny’s that way and it was the cheapest option by far.
Dr Evil
Back when I was doing interiors (brokering with Mexico) I would ship a set coast to coast for $35. I would do what rhodyguy said and get a uHaul wardrobe box, cut it down (exact dimension I forget) and pack the seats like 69. I want to say at 51" tall the box was $35, at 52" tall it was $85. This was back in 2004-5. Mess around with their shipping estimator on line and print the label yourself if you can. Sometimes the counter people can be A holes. Use FedEx ground for the lower fare. Greyhound is fairly inexpensive, but the terminals are always in the crappiest part of town, and they treat your stuff like crap, and the workers are A holes. Just my personal experience over the last decade or so.
NeunEinVier
Maybe put them on a 10 day ebay auction with a reserve, so you get at least what you thing they're worth?
Mike Fitton
The real value was gone when the original material got replaced. So my guess is what ever cores are plus a good upholstery job which these look really good. I think $300 -$350 each plus cores. I would start at $850 for the set and list them here.
halmil
My 73 came with velour inserts
Rand
QUOTE(halmil @ Jan 18 2018, 04:29 PM) *

Because someone redid them before it got to you? I like a fabric, especially when temperatures are at extremes.

If we are talking factory though... Am I wrong, or was everything from the factory that vinyl stuff?
mepstein
QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 18 2018, 11:22 PM) *

QUOTE(halmil @ Jan 18 2018, 04:29 PM) *

Because someone redid them before it got to you? I like a fabric, especially when temperatures are at extremes.

If we are talking factory though... Am I wrong, or was everything from the factory that vinyl stuff?

Tartan was a factory option in 75
Mike Fitton
Pepita (Hounds Tooth) and corduroy were available also.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 19 2018, 08:39 AM) *

Pepita (Hounds Tooth) and corduroy were available also.

agree.gif
I also saw a factory leather interior on a 914-6.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.