Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: picked up a couple of parts cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhcb914
So I took a ride to VT yesterday, with the wife, in the 914 to look at a couple of parts cars. Ended up buying them. Now I gotta get these thing home. smile.gif Anyone in the Boston area have a car trailer that I can rent? I hate dealing with U-Haul. Everytime I reserve a trailer they never have it and give me some BS excuse. bs.gif I'm not planning on picking up the cars till the end of June, once I have moved into the new house. biggrin.gif The new neighbors are going to love me when I show up with these beauties. lol2.gif

Got a nice set of minilites, 2.0l Fuchs, 2.0 core engine, set of webers, side shift, 2 sets of stainless exchangers and a ton of other parts. I have to say that the best deal was on the wasps. I figured I payed about 1 cent per bee. laugh.gif It's going to cost me more to exterminate these things than what I payed for both cars!

I'll be hosting a sawzall party this summer sometime to get rid of these hulks beerchug.gif

parts cars

Oh, and the most important part. The 914 ran great the whole trip! wub.gif

-Rob
skline
Ah, they were minilites, I thought they were, good score!! As for the wasps, just pick up a couple of cans of brake cleaner. It knocks them right down on impact. Raid actually has a wasp and hornet spray that works well too and has more range. The brake cleaner doesnt shoot as far so you have to be closer. Not really my favorite place to be. Good luck with it and post pictures when you get them home.
rhcb914
I used the raid bee spray before and it works well. My aunt used to be a bee keeper so I'll borrow her outfit and go in full force! ar15.gif

As soon as I get these home I'll post some pics and start taking orders. The minilites are going on my car. biggrin.gif
mskala
Good score, wheels don't even look beat up. Happy to see the
parts getting used.

Although even if I had the ability to get some parts cars at this
time, I sure wouldn't think about bringing the wife. sad.gif
rhcb914
The wheels are in great shape. The cars have been sitting for quite a while, hence the myriad of bees. laugh.gif

I guess I'm pretty lucky having an understanding wife. I casually mentioned to her that there were 2 parts cars in VT and Monday looks like a nice day for a drive. She just thinks us car guys are a weird bunch. She calls this the "little 914 porsche club of america" lol2.gif

I bought her a hat so she can be an associative member. laugh.gif

-Rob
Part Pricer

That's pretty funny. I looked at those cars over three years ago. At the time, the blue one was running. He was trying to sell them separately for a lot more money. I took a look at the longs and ran away.

From the pictures, it looks like he is cleaning up the yard. When I was there, those two cars were surrounded by numerous other cars in varying states of decay.

Nice score.
rhcb914
Hey Paul,

That's pretty funny. There are still plenty of junkers just in other parts of the yard. I guess he lost interest, moved and his parents want the things gone. Both are seriously rusted. I have a tow dolly to get them home but not sure I trust dragging them for over 100 miles.

If anyone in the NE area has a trialer that I can borrow or rent let me know.

-Rob
pjf
Wish I had a trailer to offer you but would like to help out with the sawsall party. I'm in Ipswich MA and could use some of the sheet metal as well as some of the parts after you're done with what you need. Been trying to slowly collect what I need through Ebay, etc. but its alot better to see (and get) stuff in person. If its not too much trouble, could you email me when you're ready (pfalabella@verizon.net)? I'll keep looking but I may miss your post here in the forum. Thanks!
redshift
Rock!
rhcb914
pjf,

I'll definately let you know when I have the sawzall party. Gonna need all the help I can get!

-Rob
djm914-6
No trailer to offer, but I'd be happy to help with most anything if you need it.
AndyC
Give us some warning before you start chopping - I have a couple of 'I wants'

Cheers

Andy
CptTripps
Great Score man! I was hoping someone here would end up with them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.