Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mtndawg
I’m sending a pair of seats from Sacramento (Roseville) to autos international in the San Diego (Escondido) area and looking for the most cost effective way to send them in one large box? Suggestions? Any members here make that trip regularly?
Maltese Falcon
I use Echo Logistics...they find an accredited freight carrier and put your o'size box on it ( LTL). I save about 50% on costs; over calling the freight carrier directly. Also, FedEx ground will accept any oversize box ...providing that it fits on their counter scale biggrin.gif
U-Line or Box City sells those 48 x48's
mepstein
I use fedex. 69 them in a box. I drop off at one of the shipping stores and charge to my acct.
ConeDodger
Are you looking for perfection? I’ve never seen an AI seat so I wouldn’t know.

I used one of the 914Rubber kits in conjunction with a local upholstery shop. The end result is stunning and I didn’t spend a fortune on shipping.

Order one of 914rubber’s kits. Come on over to Reno and have lunch with me and the other locals. We can drop off your seats and more than likely, if I know Bill, you come back the next week and pick them up.
mtndawg
I would like plain leather bolsters with perforated inserts. I think the material at 914rubber is vinyl, is that right?
mtndawg
Found out the shipping cost is $200+ so I’m probably going to look for a local upholstery shop to do the work.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mtndawg @ Jan 20 2018, 04:53 PM) *

Found out the shipping cost is $200+ so I’m probably going to look for a local upholstery shop to do the work.

My guy can do anything you want. And every time he gives me an estimate, I was expecting more.

Offer still stands.
Mikey914
QUOTE(mtndawg @ Jan 20 2018, 11:53 AM) *

Your shipping cost may be, but we do get much better as we are a large Fedex shipper.
We are actually in the process of setting up several completed seats.
MArk
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 20 2018, 03:08 PM) *

QUOTE(mtndawg @ Jan 20 2018, 11:53 AM) *

Your shipping cost may be, but we do get much better as we are a large Fedex shipper.
We are actually in the process of setting up several completed seats.
MArk

agree.gif I sent a whole interior halfway x-country for $150.
Dr Evil
69 seats in a wardrobe box from Uhaul (available at their locations). Cut the box down as low as you can go. The wt is not the big issue, it is the dimension. I shipped many sets back in the day this way and it was not expensive. IIRC, the difference between 51" height and 52" height on the box was $35 v $85 to ship.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.