Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomh
I'm about ready to start a few winter projects,the targa bar is the first. Any word yet on when the padded targa bars will be ready from 914 rubber. Also what's the best source you guys have found for the chrome around the sail panals mine look a bit tired.
76-914
QUOTE(tomh @ Jan 22 2018, 07:16 AM) *

I'm about ready to start a few winter projects,the targa bar is the first. Any word yet on when the padded targa bars will be ready from 914 rubber. Also what's the best source you guys have found for the chrome around the sail panals mine look a bit tired.

If past performance is an indicator I'd guess 8-10 months. Lot's of details to work thru. And. 914rubber is making those chrome pieces for the top of the roll bar. IIRC, he has a group but presently going on. beerchug.gif
worn
[/quote]
IIRC, he has a group but presently going on. beerchug.gif
[/quote]

I love autocorrect. But I think it should be spelled group butt.
tomh
Not too sure what those 2 posts are alluring too, are you saying they don't have either the bar or the chrome?
Maybe Miley will chime in.
n2j2ryan
I took mine to a local vinyl repair place. It had a few scratches and a couple of splits. Honestly you cannot tell it is not new, unless you knew where there splits were before. Wouldn't pass at concourse, but for a good show quality it really a fraction of the cost.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(tomh @ Jan 22 2018, 10:44 PM) *

Not too sure what those 2 posts are alluring too, are you saying they don't have either the bar or the chrome?
Maybe Miley will chime in.

Mark and Matt have a group buy for the targa bar pad. Search targa bar pad and get your name on it. The chrome he refers to is the top peices on either side of the top of the targa. He has a group buy for it and the German vinyl. Again search that and get on the list.

The targa bar pad has been frustrating for Mark and Matt. There was a factory fire at the shop that was doing the prototype work and a recent mold release problem. AA has released theirs for sale but it’s somewhere between two and three times more than 914Rubber plans as their price point. Further, when George puts something up for sale, who knows if he even has it? He may just be collecting enough orders to make ordering quantity worth his dime. I suggest patience, but if you can’t wait, go to the local sewing and fabric store and order vinyl and 3M spray adhesive. It will get you through the short term.
tomh
Thanks for the explanation, I'm on and off the board so not 100% up to all the happenings with you guys. I will take mine off and make a decision which way to go but will get my name on that list if I can find it.
What about the rest of the trim,bottom and back piece? Is that an AA item or is their a better source.
mepstein
QUOTE(tomh @ Jan 23 2018, 03:42 PM) *

Thanks for the explanation, I'm on and off the board so not 100% up to all the happenings with you guys. I will take mine off and make a decision which way to go but will get my name on that list if I can find it.
What about the rest of the trim,bottom and back piece? Is that an AA item or is their a better source.

I believe 914rubber will soon have all the interior pieces available. I've always found they are worth the wait.
Mikey914
Thanks guys, Been at the day job for the last few days and got stuck in MSP in a blizzard fun fun.

Yes we are working on the roll bar pads I wish I could say we could have faster, but it is what it is. Don't want to drop an inferior product on the market faster, I'm just not happy with what we have so far, but we will get it right.

As far as the metal in the top of the roll bar we do have a GB going now and it will end the end of the month. We are also about to drop a new GB for the Thresholds and carpet strips at $68 to include the push rivets also. look for that tonight.
In the meantime here's the link -
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2571251

Bumped it to the top
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.