Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 74' 2.0L barn find in NH
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Fronkenstein
FS $2000 - Farm find 1974 914 2.0L base model with a solid outer body and typical inner body issues. A 1971 1.7L engine fills the engine compartment currently and it is seized. I have a 2.0L engine which turns over freely with DME which is included. Build date is March 1974, L 041 paint code and VIN 4742915837. The car originated in California and came here 10 years ago to just sit.

NO TITLE - NH registration only. Sorry its a NH DMV (stupid) thing. According to friends in CA this isn't a big deal, but maybe for other states.

​​​​​Pictures tell all about the floor and hell hole. Here they are:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i47jYhQXK9KLqQF73

Thanks,

Fronkenstein
Fronkenstein
Bump.
BENBRO02
Any chance this is a bumblebee? How far are you from Webster, NH?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Feb 17 2018, 03:38 PM) *

Any chance this is a bumblebee? How far are you from Webster, NH?

It is not a bumble bee. No sway bars, no fog lights, vinyl on the sail panels
Ottoman
Someone please buy this 914 and put me out of my misery. I would be all over this if it had a title.
Fronkenstein
Bump.
Fronkenstein
The engine I located is date code correct.
Fronkenstein
Bumpster
JeffBowlsby
i think you may have better luck attracting a buyer if you roll it inside, let it dry off and retake the photos. With everything wet, one can almost hear the rust monster chewing away.

Curious about why it has a 1970 dash? (Center vent and silver dot gauges)
Fronkenstein
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 30 2018, 10:36 AM) *

i think you may have better luck attracting a buyer if you roll it inside, let it dry off and retake the photos. With everything wet, one can almost hear the rust monster chewing away.

Curious about why it has a 1970 dash? (Center vent and silver dot gauges)

New pictures posted but please note that the wet was from pressure washing. As far as abnormalities of dash, etc., your guess is a good as mine. The 914 came with a load of stuff that I bought. My main interest is in the other stuff the car was a bonus or minus as the case may be. I need it gone because I just bought 5 more cars and desperately need the room. I am trying to make it as clear as possible what is here. I am not a 914 guy outside of engine and transmission work. If I had the time I'd throw the 2.0 in it and make it go. No time. Any wrong parts or other idiosyncrasies are not my bag. Gimme most Harleys produced between 1915 and 1957 and i can pick it apart. Same for most 16V 928s, 944s 1987 up and 968s smile.gif

Fronkenstein
Fronkenstein
Lowered price to $1700 without the 2.0L engine. I need room here ASAP.

Fronkenstein
Fronkenstein
Bumpster. Last call. $2000 with the 2.0L and DME. I REALLY need the space. The engine is worth that.
Fronkenstein
Bumping
edwardmorton
QUOTE(Fronkenstein @ Apr 11 2018, 07:38 AM) *

Bumpster. Last call. $2000 with the 2.0L and DME. I REALLY need the space. The engine is worth that.

I'm interested in the 914.
Can it be rolled onto a trailer for transport.
Ed Morton
Fatboy007
Nice buy...wish I had room....bring it back to life piratenanner.gif
edwardmorton
QUOTE(edwardmorton @ May 23 2018, 08:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Fronkenstein @ Apr 11 2018, 07:38 AM) *

I'm interested in the 914.
Can it be rolled onto a trailer for transport.
Ed Morton

If you still have the vehicle and the 2.0 engine give me a call
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.