Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mating engine and transmission questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rad23racer
I used the search function but can't seem to find the info I am looking for.

I want to mate my engine and transmission tonight but can't seem to find info on lubing the throwout bearing and pivot bushing. Also, if anyone has torque specs for the bolts that hold the engine and trans together, I'd feel much better if they were torqued and not just "tight."

Thanks in advance. Yes, I have a Haynes manual but it really didn't provide the detail I would like. The Pelican article didn't seem to help either.

Rick
worn
QUOTE(rad23racer @ Jan 22 2018, 02:19 PM) *

I used the search function but can't seem to find the info I am looking for.

I want to mate my engine and transmission tonight but can't seem to find info on lubing the throwout bearing and pivot bushing. Also, if anyone has torque specs for the bolts that hold the engine and trans together, I'd feel much better if they were torqued and not just "tight."

Thanks in advance. Yes, I have a Haynes manual but it really didn't provide the detail I would like. The Pelican article didn't seem to help either.

Rick

I like to put just a little grease on the bushing that slides on the fixed tube. Actually, I use anti seize. But cannot really say why.
iankarr
Haynes says 17 ft/lbs for the case nuts and 33 for the starter bolt.

I use a little lithium or bearing grease on the tube. The throwout bearing is pre lubed.
90quattrocoupe
I have found a product I like to use on pivot points. It is Loctite LB 8012. It is a high content(65%) Molybdenum Disulfide paste. The moly is suspended in a high temp grease(750 degrees). I use this in a lot of places and also use it as an assembly lube for CV joints. It seems to stick better than both copper slip and grease on pivot points.

Greg W.

Moly paste

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.