Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat recovers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tyfighter123
Who makes the best recovers for our cars?
ConeDodger
These are 914Rubber kits...
mepstein
I'm working on a tartan set from 914rubber. Sees very nice so far. It's a very DIY kind of project but you want to go online for tips and tricks and plan for it to take some time. Just preparing the core parts takes a while.
burton73
Look in the Classic section --Lapuwali Classic Thread Forum—

There are some tips on how to recover. A repair with silicone rubber from a tube is something that caught my eyes to repair cuts and gaps in the foam.

Bob B
welcome.png
mepstein
Also, when you remove the existing cover on your driver side seat, check the fiberglass for cracks where the seat back and bottom intersect near the e-brake. its a really common place for cracks since the side bolster gets leaned on getting in and out.
n2j2ryan
Just got mine from 914rubber. Very nice quality. Paid a local guy to install for me, look awesome.
tyfighter123
Thanks for all the replies. Any other suggestions?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(tyfighter123 @ Jan 23 2018, 11:08 PM) *

Thanks for all the replies. Any other suggestions?

Not that anyone here can afford. blink.gif

Seriously, Autos International, any local Auto upholstery shop...
r_towle
World upholstery (google it)
shelby/914
Quite a few years ago I "had" to use AA as they were the only source for tan. Actually came out really nice, of course paid a friend who is an upholsterer to install the kits.

Dan
Mueller
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 23 2018, 11:49 AM) *

I'm working on a tartan set from 914rubber. Sees very nice so far. It's a very DIY kind of project but you want to go online for tips and tricks and plan for it to take some time. Just preparing the core parts takes a while.

^Those are going to be nice.

My wife helped move our 914 over the weekend and the 1st thing she said was that the car needs new seats smile.gif

Just got finished looked at how much $$ just for the skins in the cheaper material, I cannot justify $400 for seat covers...and forget those nicer tartan inserts!
Mikey914
Tell you what, we did up a bunch of plaid and I may have a few more yellow and the black / grey tartans than I really need on hand. I'll check my inventory this morning and I'd be happy to discount some of this "overstock".
I'll post up more in an overstock thread shortly.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.