Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2018 - Newberg Oregon June 7-10thNEWBERG OR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mikey914
OK we were having some issues with the 1st hotel in Forest Grove. They would require all alcohol to be sold by them, no outside food, and not enough room for trailer parking. Would have been nice but the final straw was they wouldn't sell a keg, they wanted a by the glass. That and they had an issue of us hanging out in the parking lot in the evenings. They wanted to rent us even space.
We may revisit this but too many issues for us at this time to go forward.

We are staying at
TRAVELODGE NEWBERG
2816 PORTLAND ROAD
NEWBERG, OR 97132 US
Phone: (503) 537-5000
Fax: (503) 537-9099
Email: wyndham99w@gmail.com

The cost is $108 a night. Reg rate is $128, so not a huge savings, but good location.

This is already set up use code WCR 2018 to reserve

June 7 Thursday
We are still trying to solidify but we have one of the 2 options planned
1- Newberg drive in (about a 2 min drive at the most)
We have reached out to a local VW club to try to takeover the drive-in for Thursday. Waiting to hear back about the min number of cars needed to be open Thursday.

2- Auto event - Pats Acres. They do allow cars but also do high power go carts. This is about a 40 min drive, but the drive is nice. The problem is it would have ot be earlier. 2:00 ish.
More to follow on Thursday plans as they hash out

June 8 Friday - Wine Drive will be combined as a poker run too- twisty country roads and visits to a few local wineries. Spouses / significant others may appreciate this event and hopefully more can make it in for the Friday fun. There will be prizes (PMB sponsoring ) and lots of fun

Dinner looks like it will be Pizza and BYOB (beverage) parking lot "tech" sessions - will be providing some heaters

June 9th Saturday - 9:14 Actual Tech session for about an hour followed buy the "distance drive" twisty back roads, lunch photo scavenger hunt.

10:30 -
Distance drive - will be to the Oregon coast with an open lunch at a local restaurant / tap house beautify views, lots of picture opportunities.
Back at 16:00 - 16:30

Dinner Banquet 18:30 - 21:30 with awards and Raffle

Will be at Black Bear - Literally one block away. No driving.
More "tech" sessions in parking lot after

We have made arrangements so that we can have an one RV "security" if we have a taker. Sorry only one.

Sunday depart

Will be setting up the registration as soon as we have the costs confirmed
Each registered primary participant will get a T shirt and swag bag on check in.

Additional registrants get T shirt and second poker run registration.

Registration for the 2018 WCR is OPEN! Click the link below. Please contact me directly at carolinewhitesell@gmail.com if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing all of you.

https://grouporderform.com/orderforms/49225
PanelBilly
I’m in!
914work
Slam Dunk.
The thrash begins...
rhodyguy
Much better. I didn't think the beer and parking lot situation was going to pass muster. The 8th is my birthday. No need for expensive gifts. Inexpensive ones are ok.
TC 914-8
I’m in and booked, $103/night on the BW app confused24.gif
Thanks Mark and team putting this together !!!!
ConeDodger
They use some kind of formula that averages the price over a period of time. Like right now, it’s $104 on Hotels.com. Try to book the same room in May and it might be $122.

They are just holding a price over time.

Mikey914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 25 2018, 05:14 AM) *

Much better. I didn't think the beer and parking lot situation was going to pass muster. The 8th is my birthday. No need for expensive gifts. Inexpensive ones are ok.

I will buy you a liquid present biggrin.gif
Mikey914
It looks like you may be able to book from some of the other sites cheaper so by all means do so. I'm not on the hook for the rooms and we would hold til May a block of 20. So if you use Hotels.com or a site like that you can get other bonuses like stay 10 nights booked through them get the 11th free.

It is a busy time of year so do check all and let us know what you find.
Thanks,
Mark
rhodyguy
Maybe hook up AT pat's acres? We have to be out by 2 or start at 2? Hotel first shortens the window for fun. They will hold our reservations.
green914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif we will be there!
Mikey914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 25 2018, 10:15 AM) *

Maybe hook up AT pat's acres? We have to be out by 2 or start at 2? Hotel first shortens the window for fun. They will hold our reservations.

Matt has the hook up out there, but it's expensive if there's not a lot of peeps. So may just stick to their carts. Still flushing that out.
jim_hoyland
Booked..... smile.gif
ConeDodger
Just a note for any future WCR planners. Mark knows this so not for him.

We never sign performance contracts. While these might get us a better price, the huge disincentive is that if we say we will book 50 rooms and we only book 49 or less, whoever signed the contract is on the hook for the rest of the rooms and possibly a penalty. Don’t ask how we know... blink.gif 914World.com is not an organization. We are all free agents so be careful you don’t sign anything that puts you on the hook. Doubletree went after the signator for $5000.

This is also why we don’t use Hilton or Doubletree hotels.
motofoto
Fun! I live in Newberg, handy. :-) That's also the Alfa Romeo Owners of Oregon 50th Anniversary celebration too, so lots of classics on the roads in the area that weekend! I'm going to have some difficult decisions to make!
rhodyguy
Thanks for the heads up about the AR folks. That could impact room avaiability.
worn
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 25 2018, 05:14 AM) *

I am in but haven't made reservations yet. Glad to know it will be your birthday, but finding the right gift? Hmmm. That will take some thinking and I bet some are way ahead of me on that one.
I wonder if it will rain? Or if I will be fighting it out with Italian cars (for parking).
motofoto
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 25 2018, 12:43 PM) *

Thanks for the heads up about the AR folks. That could impact room avaiability.

I believe the AROO activities are going to be centered in the Lake Oswego/Bridgeport area, so I wouldn't guess a great impact hotel wise, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the rally routes are going to be shared, there's some great roads out this way!
stevend914
Looking forward to being there...not necessarily getting there sad.gif , 31 hour drive per googlemaps. driving.gif Probably make some side trips going and coming back home.
Mikey914
My apologies it was late last night.

I got my information mixed up please be aware the hotel is the
TRAVELODGE NEWBERG
2816 PORTLAND ROAD
NEWBERG, OR 97132 US
Phone: (503) 537-5000
Fax: (503) 537-9099
Email: wyndham99w@gmail.com

Sorry for the inconvience
Mark

I did PM everyone that was on the thread so far.
jim_hoyland
Re-booked smile.gif

I’m arriving Wednesday to spend some time checking out Newberg.....
MartyYeoman
Booked!
JRust
This is only an hour away from me. Man I don't know if I can swing that confused24.gif . I'm used to a good 10-14 hour drive. I guess I can manage to make it evilgrin.gif
Rocky
All set and ready to ramble!!! Booked! driving.gif aktion035.gif beer.gif
rhodyguy
yep.
TC 914-8
Just rebooked from BW to Travel Lodge got thr room next to Rocky beerchug.gif
Rocky
Nice!!! Thanks very much for putting this together Mark!

All right Greenie, put another coat of wax on your steed and join us sheeplove.gif
Larmo63
Damn long drive from San Clemente. My car is ready and running great.
Mikey914
Looking forward to a fun get together. Should be a good time for all. Trying ro work in a stop by Carys on a drive, but hopefully super inlaw will be up to the event too!
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 26 2018, 05:46 PM) *

Looking forward to a fun get together. Should be a good time for all. Trying ro work in a stop by Carys on a drive, but hopefully super inlaw will be up to the event too!

Hey Mark, as we all appreciate your efforts to make this happen, is there any chance we can do a track day on Friday or Saturday ???
green914
Room booked! w00t.gif

Big thank you to Mark, and all the people who help organize the event.
Chris914n6
I've missed the last 2. Super tempted to fly out for this one. What's best airport to get a ride to this?
wes
I believe Portland PDX
piscean914
booked! - the hotel says they have 6/8-10/18 as the wcr 2018 block, but the rate was the same for the evening of 6/7/18 - thanks for putting this together! b
Mueller
^+2 more MDB2.gif

Waiting for Sandy (seaside6) to book a room, then we will be heading up there in his original /6 smile.gif

My car should be running by then, however I think it makes more sense to just drive one car up there and his will be much nicer and more fun.
Mike Bellis
If you are a Wyndham rewards member, the cost is only $96 per night.
cary
It's 10 minutes from the house ............

Might be able to make it ............ LOL
stevend914
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 28 2018, 11:33 AM) *

Can I stop by Thursday afternoon (6/7) for an oil change? driving.gif bye1.gif
stevend914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jan 28 2018, 11:21 AM) *

sad.gif Tried that but best price I could get was $105.29 confused24.gif
cary
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jan 28 2018, 11:27 AM) *

QUOTE(cary @ Jan 28 2018, 11:33 AM) *

Can I stop by Thursday afternoon (6/7) for an oil change? driving.gif bye1.gif

I'm sure we can get you covered. smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 27 2018, 10:37 PM) *

I've missed the last 2. Super tempted to fly out for this one. What's best airport to get a ride to this?

Chris,
Fly allegiant in to Reno then drive up with me. We can probably even share a room. I think* my wife is going to pass.
Mueller
Room booked for the 7th to the 10th piratenanner.gif

I should be done with my treatments by then, if not I need to figure out many days earlier or later I can get them done without screwing up the treatment.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 26 2018, 05:42 PM) *

Damn long drive from San Clemente. My car is ready and running great. Damn.

You could lead the North bound caravan biggrin.gif
Tbrown4x4
All booked! Couldn't pass this up!
Cracker
For all those traveling...watch out for the cops! biggrin.gif

Cracker
jim_hoyland
Usually they don’t notice a 914......
stevend914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 29 2018, 09:21 PM) *

...unless someone arranges a trap lol-2.gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jan 28 2018, 09:21 AM) *

The ding dong who took my reservation wouldn’t take my rewards info
I’ll call tomorrow
Mikey914
One of the little towns we will be doing lunch in IS a big speed trap. We will fully brief before the drive as to avoid this.
Coastal6
Sounds like fun as usual. Close to home too.
I’ll be there. Thanks in advance for putting the event together!
Andyrew
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jan 29 2018, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 29 2018, 09:21 PM) *

...unless someone arranges a trap lol-2.gif

Officer-"Sir,

Your subway sandwich order has been picked up and is on its way to its destination"

Sir Andy- " ............. What???"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.