Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2018 - Newberg Oregon June 7-10thNEWBERG OR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Archie
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Apr 29 2018, 10:11 AM) *

Registration is now open and we will be doing some preview drives of the roads this week. They are some of my favorite roads in the state. This is going to be a lot of fun. Who is ready and who is on the fence?

Can I show up even if my '72 is nowhere near road-ready and I'll be driving the family tumbril?
jcd914
QUOTE(Archie @ Apr 29 2018, 08:16 PM) *

Registration is now open and we will be doing some preview drives of the roads this week. They are some of my favorite roads in the state. This is going to be a lot of fun. Who is ready and who is on the fence?

Can I show up even if my '72 is nowhere near road-ready and I'll be driving the family tumbril?

I have been going to WCR's since 2010 and have yet to bring my 914.
It is always a fun weekend with or without a 914.
Many of us have seemingly perpetual projects or revolving projects.
I completed one car but sold it before WCR came around.

I am working toward getting my car there this years buy it is going to be a strech.

Jim
Archie
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Apr 30 2018, 12:15 AM) *

I have been going to WCR's since 2010 and have yet to bring my 914.
It is always a fun weekend with or without a 914.
Many of us have seemingly perpetual projects or revolving projects.
I completed one car but sold it before WCR came around.

I am working toward getting my car there this years buy it is going to be a strech.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. Looks as though I might be there!
Mikey914

Yes.
We have the drives planned so you will want to register for the day at least. However, if you want to do be able to win the poker run or any swag on Saturday you will need to register for the complete event. If you register before the 20th a T shirt is included.
After it will be too late as we have to place the order prior to have them made.
On that note we will be opening up t shirt sales shortly for those that cant attend but want a shirt, or just want more than one.
jim_hoyland
smile.gif 37 Days to go.......... piratenanner.gif
Matty900
Since Larmo is not taking this one, looks like a good car to fly in and drive home https://www.ebay.com/itm/372294300609
Mueller

No running 914 for myself or Sandy, we'll be rolling up there in his 996 twin turbo .... just have to run in the back of the pack on the fun runs MDB2.gif
PDXMike
Registered!
mankowski
Another registered for the weekend! piratenanner.gif Thanks to the organizers for making this happen!
jim_hoyland
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif 30 days to WCR 2018 in Newberg, OR
PanelBilly
Tick tock. So little time
rhodyguy
What day are Washingtonians driving down? Caravan? Departing from my place worked pretty well when we drove to medford.
914werke
What are those Jim your "Big Boy Pants" ? biggrin.gif
Rocky
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 9 2018, 08:24 AM) *

What day are Washingtonians driving down? Caravan? Departing from my place worked pretty well when we drove to medford.

Leaving Thursday Kevin, wife's not going, you want a ride?
Tbrown4x4
All paid up. We also plan on heading down Thursday.
dw914er
Anyone from Southern California going, or any California caravans proposed? My wife and I are thinking of going. If we go, we will be towing the 914, and would tentatively plan on 2-days for travel (with a stop in the Redding area) since google maps puts the drive at 16 hours without stops. w00t.gif
warpig
Registered type.gif
Its almost here piratenanner.gif and this time I have a running 914. aktion035.gif
tygaboy
It's not just some of the cars that still need a bit of work before being ready... smash.gif welder.gif

So shine up those teeners, boy and girls... One of you is gonna win! first.gif

ps. I wont'be attending so if you're driving past Petaluma and could transport this for me, please let me know? Thanks,
Chris
wes
QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 11 2018, 03:15 PM) *

It's not just some of the cars that still need a bit of work before being ready... smash.gif welder.gif

So shine up those teeners, boy and girls... One of you is gonna win! first.gif

ps. I wont'be attending so if you're driving past Petaluma and could transport this for me, please let me know? Thanks,
Chris

Excellent art work very nice!
greenie
I just registered! driving.gif grouphug.gif
jim_hoyland
26 Days left........ piratenanner.gif Get your spare parts together.... smile.gif
PanelBilly
I’ve almost got my heat exchanger installed. Need to have the custom exhaust modified because it doesn’t line up! It was engineered to fit the headers I had.

Then I notice that one of my rear calibers is leaking! Cross one thing off the list and add another. Eric, I need help
Rocky
Just registered! I feel like I got strip searched, had to enter email, phone and password like 3 times KMA.gif
green914
QUOTE(dw914er @ May 10 2018, 07:34 PM) *

Anyone from Southern California going, or any California caravans proposed? My wife and I are thinking of going. If we go, we will be towing the 914, and would tentatively plan on 2-days for travel (with a stop in the Redding area) since google maps puts the drive at 16 hours without stops. w00t.gif

Might be able to join up with you from the Sacramento/Northern CA. area. We will be towing the 914, and thinking about doing the drive in one day.
rhodyguy
Post #86 for the hot link.
worn
Made motel reservation today. Was putting it off because I was still a bit on the fence over physical stamina. One thing I am not clear on. Is there a Thursday event? Coming from afar I would be pulling in Wednesday then. Made that reservation, but can cancel and arrive Thursday. Hope that car and driver both hold out. 30 hr, 2032 mi if I take I-94. I-80 is a bit longer. One nice thing is that even the interstates have great scenery when you get a bit (half way) west.
cary
QUOTE(worn @ May 16 2018, 08:30 AM) *

Made motel reservation today. Was putting it off because I was still a bit on the fence over physical stamina. One thing I am not clear on. Is there a Thursday event? Coming from afar I would be pulling in Wednesday then. Made that reservation, but can cancel and arrive Thursday. Hope that car and driver both hold out. 30 hr, 2032 mi if I take I-94. I-80 is a bit longer. One nice thing is that even the interstates have great scenery when you get a bit (half way) west.

Cool. Matt's still working on Thursday. If nothing else. Porsche exhibit at World of Speed. Then come out to my shop in Forest Grove.

I'm heading to Canepa right now. piratenanner.gif
worn
QUOTE(cary @ May 16 2018, 09:09 AM) *

Cool. Matt's still working on Thursday. If nothing else. Porsche exhibit at World of Speed. Then come out to my shop in Forest Grove.

Cannot wait to meet you Cary. I figure 4 days is about right for a 30 hr drive. I know some of us would make it in just that: a day and 6 hours. Too old for that...
worn
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 29 2018, 07:53 PM) *

just Registered. Spine doc said he won’t cut me, so I guess I have to get packing. Seriously, I am feelin better. Is there enough Time to reupholster the seats? Already have the pieces. Finally thawing here.

Apparently there was. The seats are done. Now I need to trace that horn wire, or thread a new one. This will be a rolling exhibit of 914 rubber products, since all of the seals were replaced in the build.
rhodyguy
well. that was swell. tied to fucking PayPal. another deal where I HAVE to provide all sorts of info and agree to 'terms of service'. I submitted and PP has the goods on me. DAMN! how many times am I expected to enter the data so I may attend this gala affair? keeps sending me back to the field with red 'must include'. repeatedly, to no avail.

I have these cool pieces of paper made from trees. I write to whom it's payable, the amount, sign the piece of paper, put it in an envelope, stick a stamp on it, put the envelope in a blue metal box and BOOM! done.

any chance that one of those pieces of paper might got the job done?
cary
QUOTE(worn @ May 16 2018, 10:26 AM) *

QUOTE(cary @ May 16 2018, 09:09 AM) *

Cannot wait to meet you Cary. I figure 4 days is about right for a 30 hr drive. I know some of us would make it in just that: a day and 6 hours. Too old for that...

Yeah but, it took a week to fully recover.
stevend914
OK, registered, 2059 miles per googlemaps driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif
greenie
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 16 2018, 11:38 AM) *

well. that was swell. tied to fucking PayPal. another deal where I HAVE to provide all sorts of info and agree to 'terms of service'. I submitted and PP has the goods on me. DAMN! how many times am I expected to enter the data so I may attend this gala affair? keeps sending me back to the field with red 'must include'. repeatedly, to no avail.

I have these cool pieces of paper made from trees. I write to whom it's payable, the amount, sign the piece of paper, put it in an envelope, stick a stamp on it, put the envelope in a blue metal box and BOOM! done.

agree.gif
I've got a colonoscopy scheduled the week of the ramble, I just hope it's not as intrusive or as big a pain as that sign up process!
rhodyguy
You'll be sleeping thru the later.
stevend914
QUOTE(greenie @ May 16 2018, 06:32 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 16 2018, 11:38 AM) *

agree.gif
I've got a colonoscopy scheduled the week of the ramble, I just hope it's not as intrusive or as big a pain as that sign up process!

I have mine scheduled the Wed after the ramble lol-2.gif
rhodyguy
Sounds like you get home, unpack the luggage and start your bowel prep. Enjoy!
stevend914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 16 2018, 06:38 PM) *

Sounds like you get home, unpack the luggage and start your bowel prep. Enjoy!

May not have time to unpack
Rocky
Drive like your riding a motorcycle Steve and it will be a safe great trip! Bring on the Orange 914's first.gif
green914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif only 3 weeks until party time!
worn
QUOTE(green914 @ May 16 2018, 11:57 PM) *

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif only 3 weeks until party time!

2 weeks for me. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif How is it that WCR brings out the colonoscopy stories? What am I getting into? For me it was done by MRI. They inflate you while fully conscious - like a harpooned whale in the old days, filled with helium so it wouldn't sink.
worn
QUOTE(stevend914 @ May 16 2018, 03:32 PM) *

OK, registered, 2059 miles per googlemaps driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif

You going thru Denver?
OGmikey914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 16 2018, 01:38 PM) *

Paypal offers a guest checkout so you should be able to pay without creating an account. If you are having more issues please call me and I can help. 541-961-6198
Mikey914
We've been able to add more goodies available, but they are being shipped to you from a 3rd party. Some cool options, if you want to wear something no one else may have -

https://shop.914rubber.com/914Rubber-Appare...8?q=I1015959977

Even a water bottle to keep hydrated!
stevend914
QUOTE(worn @ May 17 2018, 08:46 AM) *

You going thru Denver?

I will be traveling I80 thru Cheyenne and arrive in Medford, OR on 6/4.
tygaboy
Done.
Best of luck, attendees!

(The winner is certainly free to disassemble and paint to taste, too.)
Cracker
As always Chris...well done!!! first.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Tony
mgp4591
QUOTE(stevend914 @ May 17 2018, 04:41 PM) *

You going thru Denver?

Going through Utah too? popcorn[1].gif
stevend914
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ May 18 2018, 02:35 PM) *

QUOTE(stevend914 @ May 17 2018, 04:41 PM) *

You going thru Denver?

Going through Utah too? popcorn[1].gif

Yes, I-80 thru Salt Lake
jim_hoyland
21 Days...... smile.gif
MartyYeoman
Registration paid!

Going to be staying at Champoeg State Park in the RV (Thurs, Fri, Sat Nights). Anybody else doing the same?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.