Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2018 - Newberg Oregon June 7-10thNEWBERG OR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Matty900
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ May 18 2018, 07:34 PM) *

Registration paid!

Going to be staying at Champoeg State Park in the RV (Thurs, Fri, Sat Nights). Anybody else doing the same?

Marti if your going to be RV'ing it you may want to check out http://www.willamettewinecountryrvpark.com/ too.
Matty900
Cliff Brunk took this picture with his car on one of the great twisty roads we will be driving on Saturdays drive back from the beach. It was the inspiration for the shirts this year. smilie_pokal.gif Cliff
don-6
Registered. It's time to see how you PNW guys do things!
I will be flying up and driving a rental car, so I am hoping to find an empty passenger seat in a 914.
Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones.

Cheers, Don beerchug.gif
jcd914
I just tried to register and the event form is closed and you can't register anymore.

?????

Jim
rhodyguy
What's the head count at this point? I think the cut off was tied to the tee size. I mailed a check.
Rocky
Damn computers type.gif headbang.gif
In my day TV was Books!!!

Mikey914
Rhodyguy got you covered.

Today is the cut off that includes the shirt. There is a glitch with that and Caroline is working on it this morning. Ill ask her to post up as soon as it's fixed.

Today is the last day for all apparel including the stuf on the 914rubber site.
rhodyguy
Just in case, 2X tee. Doubtful payment arrives before Monday. Thanks to you and the team for putting this together.
OGmikey914
QUOTE(jcd914 @ May 20 2018, 12:46 AM) *

I just tried to register and the event form is closed and you can't register anymore.

?????

Jim

Registration opened for one more day.
OGmikey914
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR ONE MORE DAY! CLOSING 12AM THE 21ST. IT WILL INCLUDE A T SHIRT; https://grouporderform.com/orderforms/49225

You may register for the event anytime after this, but it will not guarantee a t-shirt.

ADDITIONAL DEADLINES:

JUNE 1st- deadline to purchase sandwiches
jcd914
Thanks to the Whitesell's for all their efforts in putting this on!

All registered!
Room reserved a month or two ago.

Now back to working on my car, there is a slim chance I can get it on the road before WCR but I am trying.

Looking forward to WCR, with a 914 or not.

Jim

TC 914-8
Mark,
My apologies but I cannot make the trip this year. I just canceled my hotel reservation so a room should have opened up.
I hope to see you all soon beerchug.gif first.gif driving.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ May 20 2018, 09:15 PM) *

Mark,
My apologies but I cannot make the trip this year. I just canceled my hotel reservation so a room should have opened up.

Won’t be the same without you there.
rhodyguy
Bummer Tony.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 21 2018, 06:38 AM) *

Bummer Tony.

Ya I know work and life get in the way sometimes
Have fun Kevin let me know if you make it out to the peninsula or want to plan a local get together
TC 914-8
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 20 2018, 10:05 PM) *

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ May 20 2018, 09:15 PM) *

Mark,

Won’t be the same without you there.

Thanks Billy
See you next time
jim_hoyland
agree.gif
Sorry to hear you won't make it this year Tony.
JRust
Dang sorry to hear you won't make it Tony. I am unsure if I'll have my car ready. Going to the shop to spend some time Saturday with my wrench. So I should know this weekend.

Although there is still a chance I will have to go out of state. My daughter is pregnant with our first grandchild. She is Due June 20th so as long as she doesn't pop early I should be good. As soon as I get the call she is headed to the hospital I drop everything & hit the road though. So should things happen early confused24.gif
Jeffy
Hi folks,

Is there an official schedule of what and when for this event? Was something posted or emailed that I missed?

I'm registered but neither of my 914s are road ready. I plan to show up in my Kellison. (At least it's VW powered.)

Thanks,
-Jeff
rhodyguy
First post in this thread.
Jeffy
Yes, I read that months ago as the not-yet-solidified schedule.

My question was more toward if the variables were pinned down.

I guess it doesn't really matter, I'll show up Thursday and go from there.

As was stated by someone a few posts back, many thanks go to the folks arranging this event. I know it is a lot of work.
rhodyguy
Looking forward to viewing your VW powered Kellison. I've only seen chevy powered ones. Fun group of nice people. You'll have a good time.
jcd914

I e-mailed Caroline and asked about times of the drives planned for Friday & Saturday. I got this info back.

"Friday morning will start at 9:14 for a "tech session" at the hotel parking lot. Then the winery drive will start around 10:45 and go until 5:00ish...depending on how long we stay at each place. Then we will have dinner at the hotel that night. Saturday morning will most likely start early at they're planning a drive to the coast; 9:14ish and end late afternoon. The dinner is back in Newberg."

Jim
OGmikey914
Hi Everyone! This is Caroline.

Here is a schedule for everyone:

Thursday Afternoon
Arrival/ Hotel Check In at Travelodge Newberg
Movies at 99W Drive In Movie Theater. 1st movie starts at dusk, 2nd movie right after.

Friday
9:14: Hotel parking lot “tech sessions” and registration. We will be handing out t-shirts/hats and schedules for the weekend
10:30-5: Winery Drive & Poker Run
6:30: Dinner at hotel

Saturday
9 or 10ish Drive to Oregon Coast/ Lunch at the Coast/Drive back to Newberg
6:30pm: Dinner, Raffle Prizes at Black Bear Diner Newberg, OR (walking distance from hotel)
rhodyguy
A Black Bear! Great choise. Mega portions, great food. Chicken fried steak covered the plate. We stopped at one coming back from CA.
Matty900
On Saturday morning there is a Cars and coffee just a few twisty roads away in the next town over. It is at the World of Speed Museum. http://www.worldofspeed.org/featured-exhibits/
I will be doing the complete drive next weekend from there to figure out timing and photo opportunities. At that point we could see if it makes sense to stay longer and actually visit the museum with the Porsche exhibit and then do the drive.
What are your thoughts?
Mueller
We might driving up in an original /6 MDB2.gif .... Sandy is sorting out some fuel tank/leak issues on his car, we'll see.

I hope to be feeling better myself for the trip , I've been out of breath for the last week and my x-rays today showed pneumonia in both lungs sad.gif

TC 914-8
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 22 2018, 04:11 AM) *

agree.gif
Sorry to hear you won't make it this year Tony.

Thanks Jim first.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 23 2018, 03:15 PM) *

A Black Bear! Great choise. Mega portions, great food. Chicken fried steak covered the plate. We stopped at one coming back from CA.

This one ?
rhodyguy
That be the bear. See you thurs afternoon Jim. Plan is to cross the Columbia at Longview WA and backroad it to newberg. The I-5 slog is boring.
PanelBilly
I like the world of speed. If we can add that in, I’m in favor
Matty900
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 24 2018, 07:28 AM) *

I like the world of speed. If we can add that in, I’m in favor

I think it'll be cool but remember Fridays Drive is going to wineries so if Friday night of drinking said wine so it will be a very early morning for some people
Mikey914
I've gotten word the Drive in will be open Thursday night! 1st day of the season, so weather permitting we could pre-game there. Just a heads up. biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
sounds like fun!
worn
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 26 2018, 09:21 AM) *

sounds like fun!

I get started a week from tomorrow. Car isn’t ready, but it should be by then.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(worn @ May 26 2018, 03:40 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 26 2018, 09:21 AM) *

sounds like fun!

I get started a week from tomorrow. Car isn’t ready, but it should be by then.

12 Days to go-plenty of time.... smile.gif
JRust
Well my car is officially not going to be ready. Went over today with my spare transmission. Didn't realize my other tranny was locked in Gear. Well I figured it out before I took it over but wasn't sure of the cause. It is internal so I need to pull the stack to see what is up. Luckily I had a spare tranny with locking spool & block off plate. So pulled the rear diff today. Installed the locking spool & installed the block off plate. Guy modding my cradle so it would line up how I want it is what screwed me. He had the cradle over a month. Finally brought it back but still wasn't right. It's getting test fitted again this Wednesday. Still need a bunch of minor stuff once it is back up in place. SO I'd be kidding myself to think he will finish it in 9 days. So I will not be bringing my 914 headbang.gif AGAIN hissyfit.gif
Rocky
QUOTE(JRust @ May 28 2018, 07:58 PM) *

Well my car is officially not going to be ready. Went over today with my spare transmission. Didn't realize my other tranny was locked in Gear. Well I figured it out before I took it over but wasn't sure of the cause. It is internal so I need to pull the stack to see what is up. Luckily I had a spare tranny with locking spool & block off plate. So pulled the rear diff today. Installed the locking spool & installed the block off plate. Guy modding my cradle so it would line up how I want it is what screwed me. He had the cradle over a month. Finally brought it back but still wasn't right. It's getting test fitted again this Wednesday. Still need a bunch of minor stuff once it is back up in place. SO I'd be kidding myself to think he will finish it in 9 days. So I will not be bringing my 914 headbang.gif AGAIN hissyfit.gif

No worries Jamie, shit happens, show up and we will make sure you have our sympathetic support driving.gif beer.gif slap.gif
stevend914
QUOTE(JRust @ May 28 2018, 09:58 PM) *

My orange car is officially out. It's been my workhorse but couldn't drive it to Route 66 and my trip to Texas in it is it's last trip until I get some things sorted out. smash.gif
hndyhrr
Thought I would put this out there. I am in Central Point, Oregon . If anyone traveling up the I5 needs anything, in case of a oh no give me a shout five,four, one, 973 four six eight six.

Wishing i could join you all but not in the cards this year, Have a grand time!!!!

Renee
Cracker
Sorry to hear that Steven! What are your back-up plans? 911? Hard to believe it was a year ago you climbed out of your car with stories of crossing Utah/Nevada - you're the man! beerchug.gif

Tony

QUOTE(stevend914 @ May 29 2018, 09:13 AM) *

My orange car is officially out. It's been my workhorse but couldn't drive it to Route 66 and my trip to Texas in it is it's last trip until I get some things sorted out. smash.gif

stevend914
Well, Tony, at my age, I was thinking of taking the Cayenne!! ...but, I think a quick oil change on the Bumblebee and it will be set to go...after all, what could possibly go wrong in a 914!! beer3.gif

Steve

QUOTE(Cracker @ May 29 2018, 09:10 AM) *

Sorry to hear that Steven! What are your back-up plans? 911? Hard to believe it was a year ago you climbed out of your car with stories of crossing Utah/Nevada - you're the man! beerchug.gif

Tony

QUOTE(stevend914 @ May 29 2018, 09:13 AM) *

Mikey914
It's getting close. Caroline has been doing a great job helping to organize. Hope to see all ya all soon.
stevend914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 29 2018, 10:18 AM) *

It's getting close. Caroline has been doing a great job helping to organize. Hope to see all ya all soon.

shades.gif ...real close - I golf on Thurs morning and plan to start heading west after lunch. driving.gif
OGmikey914
Sally will be there!

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
I have no reservations or plans to attend, but I may be able to make it work.

I'd be leaving Wednesday.

don-6
I hope to see you there Lawrence

green914
Going to take off early Wednesday morning from Sacramento - taking I5 driving.gif
Trying out the flat towing system for the first time.
PanelBilly
My car will be staying with a mechanic for the next 2 weeks or so. The engine is leaking too much and I'm having it resealed. Looks like I'll be driving on of our Fords. I can flat tow a car with my Flex, if anyone would rather ride with us. I have the tow bar that gets bolted to the car
worn
Sorting tools for the trip. We leave Saturday routed past the Tetons. I found out that my marvelous plan for running the fan for the oil cooler didn't actually send power to the fan, so that is fixed. Also, found out that my paint job sucks. Not the time to be worrying about that though. Drove the car about 30 miles yesterday and I have to say the taller gears are going to be a god send. New 4th is the old 5th and 5th is a flipped HB.

I will post when we leave. A bit more than 2100 miles from here to there. Hope my back holds out. I bought a self inflating lumbar support. headers, so we only are gonna have cool air.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.