Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2018 - Newberg Oregon June 7-10thNEWBERG OR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
cary
I'm kind of taking a play day.
I'll take the long way to Forest Grove and shoot some pictures of the motel and parking.
Cracker
You know Andyrew...YOU were the target!!! I just forgot that you were NOT driving a 914...silly me! I still like Amoy's response, "sure, the only F-in black person Bishop and we get pulled over!". I nearly split my gut laughing so hard...

Cracker

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 1 2018, 12:09 PM) *

QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jan 29 2018, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 29 2018, 09:21 PM) *

Usually they don’t notice a 914......

...unless someone arranges a trap lol-2.gif

Officer-"Sir,

Your subway sandwich order has been picked up and is on its way to its destination"

Sir Andy- " ............. What???"

914work
Booked and barring any unforeseen circumstances Ill be there.
cary
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Black Bear Diner next door.
Mikey914
Dutch Brothers right there, and we will have the back and side.
green914
Looks like a great place for a party. beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(green914 @ Feb 5 2018, 10:01 AM) *

FYI I'm arriving Wednesday; gonna take in some local color.
914werke
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 1 2018, 09:22 PM) *

Dutch Brothers right there, and we will have the back and side.

Whats "Dutch Brothers"? confused24.gif
Mueller
Depressing with all that rain smile.gif
rhodyguy
Dutch bros is a drive up store coffee chain. Good coffee! Way better than SB's.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 5 2018, 01:41 PM) *

Dutch bros is a drive up store coffee chain. Good coffee! Way better than SB's.

Yeah ! There was a Dutch Bros up the street from the place the last Medford WCR was held, fast too. smile.gif
JRust
I've got an account in Carlton "Marguirita's". Good mexican food for lunch & enough space for us all. Although parking is more on the street. So for the open lunch I will probably head there. Not to many options in Carlton to eat
green914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 5 2018, 12:55 PM) *

We are thinking about doing the same.
stevend914
QUOTE(green914 @ Feb 7 2018, 11:22 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 5 2018, 12:55 PM) *

We are thinking about doing the same.

I am planning to arrive in Medford on the 4th, driving up the coast with a side trip to Mount Bachelor on the 5th thru the 7th.
green914
105 days to go! w00t.gif
rhodyguy
Steve, are you driving out from SL?
Pursang
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 5 2018, 01:37 PM) *

Depressing with all that rain smile.gif

It's Oregon. We don't even notice.

IPB Image
Dtjaden
I wish I could make it again this year bur my nephew is graduation from high school in New Hampshire that weekend. I’ll plan on next year. driving.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Dtjaden @ Feb 22 2018, 03:41 PM) *

I wish I could make it again this year bur my nephew is graduation from high school in New Hampshire that weekend. I’ll plan on next year. driving.gif

See ya next year; or, maybe Rennsport ?
stevend914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 21 2018, 12:56 PM) *

driving.gif That's my plan, will be test driving the '73 in March on a trip to Texas driving.gif

Going to Arizona/New Mexico in April - I might drive the 911 on that trip
Cracker
Steven: Wow. You are on the move! Safe travels out there...

Tony

QUOTE(stevend914 @ Feb 22 2018, 08:17 PM) *

driving.gif That's my plan, will be test driving the '73 in March on a trip to Texas driving.gif

stevend914
Thanks Tony, I got the year started last week with a trip in the 911 to Birmingham. I may not see you at Okteenerfest, I might go to Banff instead.

Steve

QUOTE(Cracker @ Feb 22 2018, 07:23 PM) *

Steven: Wow. You are on the move! Safe travels out there...

Tony

QUOTE(stevend914 @ Feb 22 2018, 08:17 PM) *

rhodyguy
Head east from Cresent city and take 99(?) to grant's pass. The smith river canyon is a super drive. Continuing north from CC is a time consuming affair. Limited roads crossing the costal Oregon mountains. The road west from Bend is a fun one too.
stevend914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 23 2018, 09:37 AM) *

Head east from Cresent city and take 99(?) to grant's pass. The smith river canyon is a super drive. Continuing north from CC is a time consuming affair. Limited roads crossing the costal Oregon mountains. The road west from Bend is a fun one too.

From Medford I was going to take 199 to Crescent City and then head north on 101. I plan on taking 2 or 3 days to get from Medford to Newberg
rhodyguy
Fun drive when you can take your time. Beware of big chunks of rock waiting for you around blind corners going down the canyon.
stevend914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 23 2018, 01:01 PM) *

Fun drive when you can take your time. Beware of big chunks of rock waiting for you around blind corners going down the canyon.

Will do, thanks for the info
stevend914
Finally got enough points and made reservations at Travelodge and canceled reservation at Best Western.
Mikey914
We will be opening up the registration in the next 10 days. We have been trying to finalize costs. It looks like we only have $175 from the year before. Normally it was about $1000 but it looks like we are going to have to cough up some funds to get the party started. Artwork for the shirts are done, at least the prelim version. We may make a few tweeks, but this is it.
Andyrew
Thats a nice Logo!
wes
Looking great!
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 8 2018, 12:43 AM) *

We will be opening up the registration in the next 10 days.

confused24.gif
jim_hoyland
smile.gif first WCR I attended was 20”5 in Camarillo. It was the biggest 914 gathering i’ve Seen. Still have my long sleeve WCR shirt
PanelBilly
World of Speed has opened a 911 exhibit. Maybe we need in show them some real Porsches
green914
agree.gif nice looking logo - would be very nice on a long sleeve t-shirt.
OGmikey914
Hello everyone!

Registration for the 2018 WCR is OPEN! Click the link below. Please contact me directly at carolinewhitesell@gmail.com if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing all of you.

https://grouporderform.com/orderforms/49225
Andyrew
Can we order hats or a T shirt even though were not going to attend? I would assume shipping would need to be paid for as well?

OGmikey914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 23 2018, 09:19 AM) *

Can we order hats or a T shirt even though were not going to attend? I would assume shipping would need to be paid for as well?

Yes! The hats are available depending on the interest/if we can get minimum order quantity. But send me your email and we can send a Paypal invoice.
jim_hoyland
Registration sent - 45 Days to go....
JRust
Registered biggrin.gif
Mikey914
So had Mikey and Caroline helping to put this together and wanted to explain a little about how this is working this year.

First we are allowing guys to register for a single day, if they can only be there Friday or Saturday for the Drives.

I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT DAY REGISTRANTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WIN THE PRIZES OR DRAWINGS.
Also no shirt is included.

You will want the full registration to get in on the goodies. PMB is sponsoring the Friday drive. We also have a prize as part of the Sat Drive and the banquet. We did this as we have some 911 guys that wanted to tag along.

Day registrants will get drive decals for drive they sign up for and full registrants will get both.

We are also starting with only $170 in the bank and will have to pay for much of the expenses out of pocket to bring this all together.

This takes us to the Friday lunch options - We have an opportunity to have a sandwiches brought in by one of the wineries, that has been most generous with allowing us to have lunch there at no charge, and they are even bringing in beer for us too. I highly recommend signing up for the lunch here and even have the vegetarian option for Elliot ! We will actually get a short tour of this winery about 10 min to show us the process, they use and they are one of the few that actually bottle their own too. We have a great even planned and as interest in our cars grows we will probably be meeting some future 914 owners too.

https://grouporderform.com/orderforms/49225
PanelBilly
I’m in. Now I need to get my car back together.
Mikey914
You and me both
The old adage the carpenters house is never finished seems to fit
Mueller
Registered for the event !
tygaboy
Hi Mark - Are you looking for any help with awards?
Not sure I'll be attending but I could probably come up w/some goodies.
Let me know?
Chris
green914
Registered piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

green914
icon_bump.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Apr 24 2018, 10:14 AM) *

Hi Mark - Are you looking for any help with awards?
Not sure I'll be attending but I could probably come up w/some goodies.
Let me know?
Chris

welder.gif smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif yes please!
Matty900
Registration is now open and we will be doing some preview drives of the roads this week. They are some of my favorite roads in the state. This is going to be a lot of fun. Who is ready and who is on the fence?
worn
just Registered. Spine doc said he won’t cut me, so I guess I have to get packing. Seriously, I am feelin better. Is there enough Time to reupholster the seats? Already have the pieces. Finally thawing here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.