Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MOVING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kgruen2
Am moving to Prescott, Az. Anyone have a shop or mechanic recommendation in the area for my "73 2.0? Thx.
ConeDodger
You could contact MoveQik. Mike Wills. He lives in AZ. If you PM him today, don’t expect a quick answer. His second golden retriever in six months just died.
gms
Beck's European
8225 E Butherus Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Frank is awesome!
gms
QUOTE(gms @ Jan 25 2018, 02:35 PM) *

Beck's European
8225 E Butherus Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Frank is awesome!

opps Prescott Scottsdale confused me, worth the drive anyway
gothspeed
Patrick Motorsports in Phoenix will take your money, maybe an hour south of you? smile.gif
Larmo63
Frank Beck is a funny guy, great to work with.
kgruen2
Thanks for the info. I already put Patricks Motorsports in my phone. I'll have to look at Beck. Also, just read the thread on Route 66 run. Looks like I'll be joining that, as my move to Prescott has allowed me to stop working. Yayyyy.
michael7810
There's a VW guy in Verde Valley that my nephew uses for his 68 bug and likes him. I've stopped in and talked to him and he seemed like a good guy but no direct experience. I'm going there this weekend and will get the name.
If you drive to PHX there are the places mentioned above plus Don Jackson (have not used but has a good reputation), Stuttgart Southwest and Exotic Motorsports both of whom I have used and highly recommend.
Coondog
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jan 26 2018, 05:18 AM) *

There's a VW guy in Verde Valley that my nephew uses for his 68 bug and likes him. I've stopped in and talked to him and he seemed like a good guy but no direct experience. I'm going there this weekend and will get the name.
If you drive to PHX there are the places mentioned above plus Don Jackson (have not used but has a good reputation), Stuttgart Southwest and Exotic Motorsports both of whom I have used and highly recommend.

I agree, in no particular order

Don Jackson
Stuttgart
Exotic
Becks
I purchased my 914 in the Phx area and have a note book of receipts from all those shops as far back as 1984. Past owners used one or another shop with the last owner going to Exotic.
PMS has lots of my money and does great six conversations but they would be my last choice for everyday stuff.
kgruen2
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jan 26 2018, 04:18 AM) *

Good to know. I also need a VW guy for my '74 VW Thing. THX.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.