Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Somewhat OT but current topic...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
Hopefully the Pelican guys will chime in here..my question is if parts receive bad feedback for quality/fit and function are they normally removed from sale on the website ? URO stated my faulty items were no longer stocked by Pelican.
I didn't want to get on the URO bashing without real first hand experience as don't believe that to be fair.
I stated I had had issues with 3 parts ,2 for a Golf mk2 and the rubber filter/tank seal on my 914/6 conversion,shortly after Justin (UROman) PM'd me asking me what the quality issues were ,I explained the issues and the fact I incurred a tow fee to get the Golf trailered home.
To my surprise I received another PM stating that he would reimburse me for the parts ,shipping and the tow fee,......just putting it out there ,BIG thanks Justin.
porschetub
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jan 26 2018, 11:07 AM) *

Hopefully the Pelican guys will chime in here..my question is if parts receive bad feedback for quality/fit and function are they normally removed from sale on the website ? URO stated my faulty items were no longer stocked by Pelican.
I didn't want to get on the URO bashing without real first hand experience as don't believe that to be fair.
I stated I had had issues with 3 parts ,2 for a Golf mk2 and the rubber filter/tank seal on my 914/6 conversion,shortly after Justin (UROman) PM'd me asking me what the quality issues were ,I explained the issues and the fact I incurred a tow fee to get the Golf trailered home.
To my surprise I received another PM stating that he would reimburse me for the parts ,shipping and the tow fee,......just putting it out there ,BIG thanks Justin.

To add money was put in my Paypal account ASAP.
Larmo63
I had TWO different URO knobs break trying carefully to install them. Pelican refunded my money, but what a hassle and I avoid URO parts altogether.

The one that looks complete is cracked.....

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
Hello,

I work for Pelican in the sales department. Pelican is very concerned about customer satisfaction. If you have any problem please contact me by email at bstone@pelicanparts.com or phone at 310- 626-8765, ext 330. You can also report a complaint to any Pelican customer service rep. It is best to speak with a sales rep to give as much information about the problem and send pictures to support your findings.

As a sales rep I like to see customer reviews, positive or negative as there is no better evaluation then from a knowledgeable customer who has used the product.

I have reported products to management that had several bad reviews and those products are removed.

A single bad review would not normally get a product removed. Many products wrongly get bad reviews due to the customer having the wrong part or were improperly installed.

Bruce Stone
UROpartsman
Hi Larmo63, so sorry for the trouble, we'll have an engineer check these ASAP and figure out how this could have happened, and get back to you next week.
Mikey914
I can tell you pretty simply what happened here. The part was made without checking the fit on the actual part it was too tight and split.

The business model had always been to flood the market with cheap parts drive out other vendors and then you have no choice. You can see it in the Mercedes market as well others. Become industry standard and they the quality expectations are lowered.
Hey I only paid $9 the other guys were $40. The $40 option goes away, the $9 part goes to $20 and you get what you get.

Maybe they are trying to step up quality, but we have heard a lot of talk for a long time. The only reason they are spending time here is to get market penetration. Think about it.

I'm for competition, but if I'm going to compete at this level I will have to offshore at least some of my production. I can do that and expand what I'm doing 10 fold. I do have the ability to go to China easily and with almost no cost.

I do have pilots that I have trained in country and they have actually offered to to help me source later model parts and in many other cars. We can bring in and provide QC on our side and drop into the wholesale parts channels. Never thought I'd go this direction, but

Thanks URO looks like I may be expanding soon.

Make no mistake I will still be manufacturing quality parts in the states, but if I can source parts that are of quality and import them into markets I don't currently serve, it becomes only a matter of money.
bdstone914

Click to view attachment
[/quote]
Lawrence,

What were the knobs installed on ? Those are throttle lever knobs for a flat style lever. The 914 throttle levers ( both OE and 914 Rubber) use a round threaded end style lever.
The 1972 914 heater lever was the flat end style. Other years used the round threaded end. To my knowledge the the 911 throttle levers were round threaded ends. So anybody know what that knob fits ?
Larmo63
I used it on a 911 lever that is the correct one for this knob. I've already talked extensively to Pelican customer service.

The plastic in these is very brittle in my opinion. Too hard.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.