914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
just how much of a 914 is left here?
Montreal914
rolleyes.gif
914-300Hemi
sunglasses.gif
914-300Hemi
Looks like it is Chrysler front end. What were they thinking?
Larmo63
That's hideous as far as 914s go.
Chris914n6
I like the wheels.

Does it use the Chrysler 3.5L w/longitudinal trans?
horizontally-opposed
No comment on the overall...as I want to keep from saying something that isn't nice. But...at least from this photo…this car looks better turned out than a LOT of 914s with less egregious mods.

Not my bag, but I wonder if it was actually done well to someone else's taste? If so, and if it makes them happy, more power to them.
thelogo
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jan 26 2018, 08:43 PM) *

No comment on the overall...as I want to keep from saying something that isn't nice. But...at least from this photo…this car looks better turned out than a LOT of 914s

Agree that makeing a 1 off custom that you think is cool
Using a clean 914 as a solid foundation

Nothing wrong with that

But it reminds me of those little kids shopping carts with a car
Hood in front and a wheel for the little guy smoke.gif
PlaysWithCars
A lot of work went into that and it appears to be done to a high quality standard. At least the finish work does.

What's it running for power? idea.gif Front grill and exhaust vents in the top of the hood imply something water cooled.
bdstone914
It looks like it is out of the Cars movie with a big smile on it's face. Just thinking what it does to the structural integrity to cut off the targa bar and made it a convertible.
green914
popcorn[1].gif
nimblemotorsports
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 27 2018, 06:29 AM) *

It looks like it is out of the Cars movie with a big smile on it's face. Just thinking what it does to the structural integrity to cut off the targa bar and made it a convertible.

It has a targa bar, just not the stock one. I would need to see more pics to give my judgement, but not bad is my reaction. i guess boxster drvetrain.

Btw, here is a picture of the custom front end on my midget. Mercedes e-class headlights, bugeye grill. Modern Bugeye is what I think. biggrin.gif

IPB Image
Elliot Cannon
Like it or not, it appears at least from the picture that it was a well done mod.
Rand
This is like the slow-mo version of what is happening on TV shows, movies, and such.
thelogo
I know this cars getting extremly bad press lately
As being a " hot ship "

But a guy made a "carrera gt " body kit and put it on a boxster.
Its really cool i think.

Always see it driving around town , i assume most people dont know what it is but i think its cool
1970 Neun vierzehn
apparently, from what I can gather, the build quality is very good. BUT, you would think that to do all that fabrication......just build a 914 GT (and still have a unique looking vehicle)
tomh
Gotta stop messing with the 914. Complete waste of time and perfectly good car to begin with.
thelogo
I really dig that glass engine cover .

I only have a big 4 but would love a see thru lid .

On a 6 that would be awesome too
Unobtanium-inc
This one was somebody's dream...
KELTY360
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 27 2018, 02:55 PM) *

This one was somebody's dream...

....and he woke up screaming.
nimblemotorsports
aah, chevy v8, vette tail lights, I was going to say the front looked a lot like a 2002 camaro, so yeah, this is really a 914? I don't see one bit of 914 body. Just like my project too, won't see a bit of 914.
Looks ok, i would not one for myself, but not bad.

IPB Image
RickS
Reminds me of the face of a cartoon fish. Part Chrysler, 959, testa Rosa, vette, Mercedes SL roll bar, and a smidge of 914. Well executed but not my taste.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.