Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB a pair of exceptionally nice 2.0 heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914ltd

We are doing a restoration on a 1 family owner 1973 2.0. I need an excellent pair of 1973-1974 2.0 heats. I would be interested in just one with hopes of finding a match.
Thanks for looking! Brad Mayeur
914_7T3
QUOTE(914ltd @ Jan 27 2018, 05:49 PM) *

We are doing a restoration on a 1 family owner 1973 2.0. I need an excellent pair of 1973-1974 2.0 heats. I would be interested in just one with hopes of finding a match.
Thanks for looking! Brad Mayeur

AA has SSI ones listed on Evil Bay, Mucho Dinero $$$
Tom_T
Brad,

If your customer isn't only interested in finding some NOS or excellent condition mild steel originals, then Dansk/JP are the current Porsche OEM for classic P-car exhaust, & they sell both the stock steel or SSI stainless flavors the last I saw. They may not continue the mild steel ones since the SS is more durable, & they can be prepp'd & painted Porsche Exhaust Gray, but they may still have some in stock &/or plans to continue production.

There are many Porsche parts houses selling Dansk, so you can shop for best price &/or sales/discounts for your customer.

You might also consider getting the Dansk/JP 2L Banana muffler & the exhaust hardware & gaskets at the same time.

AFAIK, all of the PCA Zones & Parade, & most of the other auto organizations/clubs concerned with Concours originality will consider the replacement parts from a current OEM for wear & deterioration parts as correct.

However, they may not be as accepted by some anal CWs buying collector cars for "investment" - but then, that type is usually looking for all original confirmed ultra-low mileage cars - & not restorations.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914ltd
Thanks Tom and 7T3

I would prefer nice originals but the Dansk steel and stainless are a back up option.

I'm grateful to Dansk for they're contribution to the sport but there have certainly been some stumbles along the way like the 914/6 heat exchangers. Up until the recent set I purchased from Stoddard, they were a real hassle to fit and each one was different. The Dansk stock 2.0 banana muffler has a sound of it's own, not pleasant to my ears but to each his own.

I am still looking!
Brad
914ltd

I still need these. Thanks!
DM71SIX
QUOTE(914ltd @ Feb 16 2018, 06:37 AM) *

I have a set of SSi heat exchangers but I wont be home for a month so I don't know what motor they fit
914ltd
QUOTE(DM71SIX @ Mar 5 2018, 01:43 PM) *

QUOTE(914ltd @ Feb 16 2018, 06:37 AM) *

I have a set of SSi heat exchangers but I wont be home for a month so I don't know what motor they fit

Let me know when you return.
Save my contact information at the bottom of this message. Thanks, Brad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.