Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting to tear down the 914….
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevenhaas
Well this is I guess my start of new progress thread … a slow one…. But progress.
In the beginning, I bought Yellow 1971 914. It looked pretty at 50 feet doing 50. When I took the first test drive, I pulled back in from around the BLOCK and said this car needs to be redone. No sense trying to drive for a summer…

stevenhaas
inside
Mueller
hmmmmm, what did the PO do? car looks great from that picture screwy.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 31 2005, 06:44 PM)
hmmmmm, what did the PO do? car looks great from that picture screwy.gif

pop riveted access panel wink.gif
stevenhaas
sorry, I havent figured out how to post more then one pic at a time..
Mueller
oh, that picture...helps if you posted the crappy repair job 1st, LOL

doesn't look too bad, it's repairable by welding, something the PO must not have been able to do....
neo914-6
The brings the question, what's wrong with pop-riveting? It's used on race cars. What's the strength difference between it and spot welding?
Tom Perso
I've seen worse... LOL

Good luck with it! Easy repair though...

Watch the fuel lines...

Tom
bd1308
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 31 2005, 07:52 PM)
The brings the question, what's wrong with pop-riveting? It's used on race cars. What's the strength difference between it and spot welding?

water trap?
tat2dphreak
if THAT's the worst your DAPO did, you will be a-ok... easy fix, and obvious... it's those hidden, "WTF is that" fixes that are the pain...
SirAndy
and look at all that rust inside the center tunnel you got "free of charge" when you bought the car!

smash.gif Andy
redshift
huh.gif
Bleyseng
thats from a clutch tube repair biggrin.gif
scotty914
agree.gif

just drill the rivits do some prep and weld it in
Pnambic
An interesting "fix"... smile.gif
Here's some other creative DAPO stuff...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.