Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 E Heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gcrotvik
There is a set of 911 E Heads on eBay that seem to be in descent condition. The description states there is rust on them (corrosion). What's the consensus on these? Are they rebuild-able? Worth the asking price?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-1972-1...119.m1438.l2649

Greg
bdstone914
It used to be that 911 heads were all over E bay at about $100 each with few buyers. Hard to tell if the corrosion is more than cosmetic. Sound like a high price for not so great heads. Is that what you want are E heads ?
flyer86d
Well, they need some work. It is hard to tell if the corrosion on the jug to head sealing surface is cosmetic or deep pits which will need to be machined off. If you cut one head, you have to cut them all the same amount. If you cut the sealing surface. I would shim the bottom of the jug an equal amount so that you avoid having to mill the cam boxes. Some of the exhaust studs are broken and need to be replaced. You’ll need new guides but they all need guides.

The date code is 9 and 10 of 71 so I assume they are 2.4 heads. 2.2 and 2.4 liter T and E heads have the same small 32mm ports but they can be opened up easily. They share the same valve sizes so E heads are not worth any more than T heads IMHO. S heads are the same except for port size and I wouldn’t pay a dime more for them.

Charlie
gms
Price seems high to me. what about these 73 heads
gcrotvik
QUOTE(gms @ Jan 29 2018, 02:01 PM) *

Thanks Glenn. T heads will work for my project also.

Greg
sixnotfour
at least you get valves and shims retainers etc,, they have very small ports and a big hole to plug from the injectors...still a better deal,,, the chamber and valve size the same...
porschetub
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jan 31 2018, 03:19 AM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Jan 29 2018, 02:01 PM) *

Thanks Glenn. T heads will work for my project also.

Greg

Greg did your score the heads that Glen put you on to?,IMO a good buy beer.gif .
Those rusty ones were overpriced as mentioned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.