Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yes folks, we have a runner :) Link Fuel Injection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Got it running tonight....I'm going to need the LM-1 to tune it up for sure......had to quit early tonight due to too much smoke in the garage (car is backed in..opps wacko.gif )

The hardest part was figuring out the ignition, Link has never done one using a Mallory CDI box, so I had to take it apart and goof around with a few resistors to get it to work with the lower voltage from the Link...replaced a 47R with a 5R, didn't do it, so for the heck of it, I placed in a 1.7K that I had sitting around....got spark but couldn't get it to run...oh damn....crossed the #3 and the #4 plug wires and had them mixed up....fixed that and it fired right up....it's on the rich side...cough, cough... biggrin.gif

scotty914
when is it for sale hide.gif

on a more serious note i never gave you a ride at the wcc, do you ever come to the right coast
Dr. Roger
Oh heck yea. Did U use those bike intakes??
jonwatts
KEWEL! Congrats on finding the missing link (sorry, you know me).

So this means you don't have to ship it back to them?

sixnotfour
Oh heck yea. Did U use those bike intakes??

I was at Rothsport and saw his individual throttle boddies on a six ,that looked like bike stuff, He wouldnt say, Anyway I thought, Mueller would like this smile.gif

Mueller
QUOTE (scott thacher @ May 31 2005, 10:40 PM)
when is it for sale hide.gif

on a more serious note i never gave you a ride at the wcc, do you ever come to the right coast

hopefully it won't be for sale for a few years smile.gif

yea it dawned upon me that I hadn't even looked at your car until I was on my way home wacko.gif ....next year??? smile.gif

not too sure about traveling back east for a while, I know I'll be going to Louisiana in August for at least a week...I think you might be a little too far for a quick visist

roger,

this is on a bone stock 1.8, the system does not require a TPS which made the install a little easier smash.gif
McMark
smilie_pokal.gif
Sweeeeet. Time for a tuning party!
Mueller
QUOTE (McMark @ Jun 1 2005, 03:44 PM)
smilie_pokal.gif
Sweeeeet. Time for a tuning party!

just no making fun of my wiring harness, I'm still working on it to make it "pleasing" to the eye smile.gif
airsix
Congrats Mike! Next step: possitive manifold pressure!

-Ben M.
redshift
AWWWWWRIGHT! Stylin'! Dood, you pioneers are awesome, and CrAzy! wacko.gif

I stayed up til... I dunno... last night, reading about injection.. happy11.gif Yes! I will become an expert injectionist! Thanks for passive motivation! smile.gif

There have been alot of big projects.... breaking thru around here..

smilie_pokal.gif

M
lapuwali
So it was just a voltage problem with the Mallory? Is the Mallory only supposed to work with the Unilite?
Mueller
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jun 1 2005, 04:51 PM)
So it was just a voltage problem with the Mallory?  Is the Mallory only supposed to work with the Unilite?

Hey James...

It's strange,

Output of the Unilite is 0vdc to 5vdc square wave....

Output of the Link is 12vdc square but it does not drop to 0 or something like that wacko.gif .....

When I measure the the "input" to the Mallory I get ~12vdc, the Unilite fires the CDI with no problem (as does touching the wire to ground like points)

I'm still a little confused on what changes to the signal from swapping out the original 47R to a 1R2K???

This is the same mod that is done to the MSD box if one wants to run the Link as well. The MSD CDI is fully supported by Link and they will sell you a pre-modified unit if you go that direction, I already had the Mallory and didn't want to sell it and buy the MSD stuff.

What is interesting is that the MS uses a transistor circuit to pull this signal to ground????

Miles, If I can do this, anyone can, it's not "that" difficult, I've got the intellagance of a rutabega screwy.gif

Ben,

yes.....that is next...hopefully it won't take too long smash.gif .....a former co-worker just called me, he just bought one of those 400HP, 6 speed 4 door Caddys and needs to make room in his garage, might be willing to make me a killer deal on an old school TIG welder welder.gif

oh yea, want a surface grinder??? I'd give it to you for the price of shipping (about 400 pounds or so)
airsix
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 1 2005, 04:16 PM)
oh yea, want a surface grinder??? I'd give it to you for the price of shipping (about 400 pounds or so)

Seriously? drooley.gif Yes. YES!!!!!!!!!! PM being sent....
-Ben M. mueba.gif
mike_the_man
Way to go Mike! Once you get everything looking spiffy, lets see some pics. Will it be ready for WCC 06? wink.gif I wanna see it.
bernbomb914
I dont want to see it I want to put one on my car

Bernie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.