914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thelogo
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d...6456033487.html

She looks pretty fast ,i would think

What does this car need . Really
Want to hear it from you all 1st

Before i hear it from seller .

I will not be turning wrenches so labor will be alot $ i assume

Is it another 40 to finish , 20 , 10 k more .

914work
Bow is actually in Western WA
if you get more serious an want eyes on it. LMK
I travel to B-ham weekly so it on my way
I think I may know the gent who is selling
IronHillRestorations
Homerun pricing for sure.
Andyrew
Thats a lot of custom stuff. If you paid a shop to do it I would say 30k including a cheap paintjob. Itll probably take 6 months.

That engine likely needs new seals and the carbs are probably dry needing a full tuneup. The suspension being so custom I can immagine something serious wrong there taking a redesign, not to mention quite a solid amount of tuning to get dialed in. I dont see interior in there, and maybe the electrical is crap too. All stuffd that could take a lot of labor to get right.
But a spare 2.7 and trani are pretty solid and might be able to be traded as partial payment to a good Porsche shop for labor.
rhodyguy
$ to completion? A lot. That the car is located in scenic Bow and listed on LA craigslist seems odd. A cheapo paint job would be walking backwards.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 1 2018, 06:20 AM) *

$ to completion? A lot. That the car is located in scenic Bow and listed on LA craigslist seems odd. A cheapo paint job would be walking backwards.

Quite honestly, the only value here is the engine and possibly the wheels if they are real fuchs, otherwise....Run Forrest Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 550 in process now that I'm completing for my bro...if you want to see here locally in so cal...send me a PM...you can check it out.

Oscar

Click to view attachment
cal44
Follow the "what then" ten step plan. Number one "I really really want this".
Skip steps two thru nine. Step ten........" I go to sell and all there is? blood in the water". You will get spanked.

As an example. Recently sold was an authentic Beck Spyder running and driving, tube frame VW four.
Complete with top and side windows. It sat for sale for some time. In the end it went for somewhere in the lower twenties. It needed nothing.

Just an opinion.

ValcoOscar
QUOTE(cal44 @ Feb 1 2018, 08:24 AM) *

Follow the "what then" ten step plan. Number one "I really really want this".
Skip steps two thru nine. Step ten........" I go to sell and all there is? blood in the water". You will get spanked.

As an example. Recently sold was an authentic Beck Spyder running and driving, tube frame VW four.
Complete with top and side windows. It sat for sale for some time. In the end it went for somewhere in the lower twenties. It needed nothing.

Just an opinion.

agree.gif

There are some nice examples out there in that price range. For me, preference is either Beck or Vintage. These 550's are very nimble and fun...and not expensive to maintain. Fun factor is 10+. I had one for sometime, may add another to the stable later as my hands are full presently.

For now...I'm all about my 914's. (back to where I started)

Oscar

you can go to: spyderclub.com to research further.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.