Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electric AC Compressor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary
Here's shot of the electric AC compressor from England. Going into a very special 993 based car. Some day ................
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
interesting, what did it come out of and what is the price point? - new or scavenged off of non running or accident car?
cary
No its new, in box.
There's a lot of dialog on Pelican 911 board. I'll look for the link tonight.
Dave_Darling
What's the current draw? Instantaneous (startup) versus constant? It may need some really big wires... The 993 charging system should be much more capable of providing the current flow needed than the Type IV's is.

But boy, you get a lot of flexibility in where you mount the thing! That opens up all sorts of possibilities for packaging...

--DD
mepstein
My shop just did two installs. You need a 90amp alternator. Kit is $4,500. Retro automotive. I’d like to do one.
GeorgeRud
They are considering doing a 914 version as well, but are currently catching upon the 911 version. It certainly would be a great option for -6 conversions rather than trying to fit a compressor in the engine compartment.
mepstein
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Feb 1 2018, 07:13 PM) *

They are considering doing a 914 version as well, but are currently catching upon the 911 version. It certainly would be a great option for -6 conversions rather than trying to fit a compressor in the engine compartment.

They are selling as many 911 units as they can make. It might be a little while for the 914 version.
Steve
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 1 2018, 03:09 PM) *

What's the current draw? Instantaneous (startup) versus constant? It may need some really big wires... The 993 charging system should be much more capable of providing the current flow needed than the Type IV's is.

But boy, you get a lot of flexibility in where you mount the thing! That opens up all sorts of possibilities for packaging...

--DD

40 amps minimum for the compressor + condenser fan + evaporator fan.
90 amp alternator minimum recommended, which is what is in my 3.2 motor.
914-300Hemi
Here is the link to Classic Retrofit
Classic Retrofit web site

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.