Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 914 2.0 D-Jet FI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Such914
Hello, I am looking for a set of Bosch D-Jet FI for a 914 2.0. I am looking for the most complete/nice system I can get, but would be willing to settle for one that needs a bit of work but is mostly complete. Thank you!
JeffBowlsby
Curious, what would you guess an excellent condition, fully restored stock 2.0l FI system will cost? Ready to bolt on, turn key.
Such914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 1 2018, 08:08 PM) *

Curious, what would you guess an excellent condition, fully restored stock 2.0l FI system will cost? Ready to bolt on, turn key.

$1500-$2000? I am sorry if I am incorrect with my estimate, I got that number from some other 914 people I know. If my expectations are too high then please let me know.
JeffBowlsby
No single source offers this package ready to install. You will likely need to assemble the pieces, check them for function, and restore them yourself. Assuming that you are simply converting an otherwise stock 2.0L engine from carbs back to FI, already have a good ignition harness, relay board and relays, the FI cam and both fuel lines are still installed. Allow probably 4 hours minimum to install and adjust if you know what you are doing. All pricing plus shipping and tax:

$500. Air intake manifold pipes, air plenum, throttle body/spring, air filter box and mounting bracket, fuel runner pipes to heads, injector mounting hardware, CSV mount, fuel pressure regulator, thermoswitch (all restored)
$100. ECU (used, repainted)
$500. FI harness (new)
$350. MPS and mounting bracket (rebuilt)
$150. TPS (used, new circuit board)
$500. 3-port fuel pump (new)
$600. 4 injectors (new)
$100. Cold start valve, gasket.
$400. 123 distributor (new, internal trigger points)
$300. Air filter, fuel filter, fuel hose, F-connector, elbows, new fuel clamps, gaskets-2 air intake to head, 4 plenum to air intake pipes, 1 throttle body, 4 sets of injector gaskets

$3,500. is my best guess. Somebody check me please.
Such914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 1 2018, 10:14 PM) *

No single source offers this package ready to install. You will likely need to assemble the pieces, check them for function, and restore them yourself. Assuming that you are simply converting an otherwise stock 2.0L engine from carbs back to FI, already have a good ignition harness, relay board and relays, the FI cam and both fuel lines are still installed. Allow probably 4 hours minimum to install and adjust if you know what you are doing. All pricing plus shipping and tax:

$500. Air intake manifold pipes, air plenum, throttle body/spring, air filter box and mounting bracket, fuel runner pipes to heads, injector mounting hardware, CSV mount, fuel pressure regulator, thermoswitch (all restored)
$500. FI harness (new)
$600. 4 injectors (new)
$300. Air filter, fuel filter, fuel hose, F-connector, elbows, new fuel clamps, gaskets-2 air intake to head, 4 plenum to air intake pipes, 1 throttle body, 4 sets of injector gaskets

Thanks, that's a really great write up. I am fine with a good used system, so I don't think I will start from scratch.
914_teener
$500. Air intake manifold pipes, air plenum, throttle body/spring, air filter box and mounting bracket, fuel runner pipes to heads, injector mounting hardware, CSV mount,
fuel pressure regulator, thermoswitch (all restored)- Agree.

$100. ECU (used, repainted) $200 they can be rebuilt.

$500. FI harness (new) - Yep..you would know and they are great.

$350. MPS and mounting bracket (rebuilt)-Yep

$150. TPS (used, new circuit board) Yep

$500. 3-port fuel pump (new) -$150 for the two port New.

$600. 4 injectors (new)- By the time you find used ones that don't fail more like $500

$100. Cold start valve, gasket. - Fairly common-$35 used

$400. 123 distributor (new, internal trigger points) - I paid this with the group buy

$300. Air filter, fuel filter, fuel hose, F-connector, elbows, new fuel clamps, gaskets-2 air intake to head, 4 plenum to air intake pipes, 1 throttle body, 4 sets of injector gaskets - Yep includes powder coating.

So yea about right. In my mind it is worth having the ECU tested.
mepstein
Or just buy this engine and sell off the long block. Probably get $1K-1,500 for the engine.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=323637&hl=
87m491
Not for nothing but since the OP didn't specify concours correct. Not sure why anyone would go 3 port FP when perfectly serviceable 2 ports options abound for ~$100.

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 1 2018, 08:14 PM) *

$500. FI harness (new)
$600. 4 injectors (new)

mepstein
Yea, I didn't read it as a request for concours parts. That's a whole different ball game. I have seen plenty of complete systems for $500-1,000 but I posted the engine to show how easy it is to get parts or drop in a running engine. If the OP has a running engine with carbs and wants to keep numbers matching, Just buy the engine, put on the carbs (not optimal but done all the time), keep the FI and sell a good running 2.0 carbed engine for $2K-2,500.

QUOTE(87m491 @ Feb 2 2018, 01:41 PM) *

Not for nothing but since the OP didn't specify concours correct. Not sure why anyone would go 3 port FP when perfectly serviceable 2 ports options abound for ~$100.

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 1 2018, 08:14 PM) *

$500. FI harness (new)
$600. 4 injectors (new)

Such914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 2 2018, 12:19 PM) *

Or just buy this engine and sell off the long block. Probably get $1K-1,500 for the engine.

Thats a good idea, I will make sure to look into that!
kahluver
QUOTE(Such914 @ Feb 4 2018, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 2 2018, 12:19 PM) *

Thats a good idea, I will make sure to look into that!

PM me, I have a full setup that I'm not using.
turbonet
I will have a setup for sale shortly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.