Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I crushed my *(^%&*^%*%* RAMPS!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I was able to get the car to idle for more than a couple of seconds on its own and as i'm gassing it up the ramp, a tire spun and caused the car to slide off the ramp and have one roll underneath the car and get crushed.....I say its crappy crafstmanship...which is no pun cause i got them from sears....they're going back today for a replacement. ar15.gif ar15.gif headbang.gif

worst news is that i'll have to heel-toe it AGAIN today through downtown traffic.
Marlow
Put some of that skateboard grip tape (i.e. sticky back sandpaper) on your ramps and you won't spin tire as easily driving up the ramps. I picked some up on ebay for about $10. Works great.
nebreitling
i like the solid plastic ramps just for this reason.
redshift
smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks Britt! wink.gif

M
joea9146
Brush some Glue or Contact cement on the Ramp then sprinkle with a Fine Sand...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jun 1 2005, 06:54 AM)
i like the solid plastic ramps just for this reason.

me too. the ones i use... have a rubber foot, that make them stick smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 1 2005, 01:35 PM)
Bowling Green, KY 914 trade-in center, running or not (most likely not) smile.gif

thats fucked up ohmy.gif smash.gif
Joe Ricard
You make my day.
I don't get it what do ya'll use ramps for???
Ain't you got a floor jack? and Jack stands? I just get this squimish feeling crawling up under a car on stamped metal ramps.
bd1308
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jun 1 2005, 02:48 PM)
You make my day.  
I don't get it what do ya'll use ramps for???
Ain't you got a floor jack? and Jack stands?    I just get this squimish feeling crawling up under a car on stamped metal ramps.

these were plastic ramps.........one ones with the rubber foot on them.... sad.gif now they look all squished...jackstands make me squeemish
TravisNeff
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 1 2005, 12:35 PM)
Bowling Green, KY 914 trade-in center, running or not (most likely not) smile.gif

The theme music is great..
GWN7

Get a chainsaw and pick out one of your neibours trees. Pick one with trunk that is at least 12" thick. cut it up into sections. If you cut it right (in blocks of 1" increments) you can have a solid ramp/jackstand combo.

Tell the neibour it's to save some plastic.

If the neibours trailer has no trees near it, see what is available in a city park.
redshift
Rooooooooooooooooxxxxxanne! You doen haf to put on tha reh liiiiight...

Nice Geoff.

M
SpecialK
Call me a puss (hey...you are what you eat chowtime.gif ) but I never did like driving up onto ramps.....bad experience as a teenager (went over the ramp....it shot out and slammed into the side of my Dad's new 280ZX chair.gif ). I use jackstands to hold her up, and cram a RR tie under one wheel if a valve adjust is in order.
Allan
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 1 2005, 01:35 PM)

Or Here
Rouser
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 1 2005, 04:35 PM)

smilie_pokal.gif
agree.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Yeah, I'm not a fan of ramps either sad.gif I do have a pair just in case I need the car up in the air but want the suspension to remain in the on-the-ground position (like installing an after-market exhaust system on my Jetta).

I would think it'd be better to have the ramp get crushed than the car damaged... huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.