Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Turn Signal Relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
malcolm2
I had a relay die on me. I started a thread about it and made a purchase from Pelican Parts before I got word that the one they sell

MIGHT NOT WORK properly.... and they don't take electrical parts back.

Pelican sells the Wehrle Brand for $18-ish. THAT DID NOT WORK ON MY CAR. Caveat Emptor KMA.gif

If anyone needs a relay, you can HAVE this one. Pay the shipping and try it. If it works on your car, make me an offer. If it does not, keep passing it around 'til someone can use it.

The video below shows what it does. Spoke says it can't handle the low load of the hand brake indicator so it buzzes instead of flashes when only the brake light is on. He sells one that works and recommends his or an OEM part. Sierra Madre and Amazon had one for $50+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMNVTVqHEp0
Jett
We’re the relay’s made in Germany or China?

My mechanic refuses to use the China brand but the German relays are hard to find new.

QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Feb 2 2018, 05:53 AM) *

I had a relay die on me. I started a thread about it and made a purchase from Pelican Parts before I got word that the one they sell

MIGHT NOT WORK properly.... and they don't take electrical parts back.

Pelican sells the Wehrle Brand for $18-ish. THAT DID NOT WORK ON MY CAR. Caveat Emptor KMA.gif

If anyone needs a relay, you can HAVE this one. Pay the shipping and try it. If it works on your car, make me an offer. If it does not, keep passing it around 'til someone can use it.

The video below shows what it does. Spoke says it can't handle the low load of the hand brake indicator so it buzzes instead of flashes when only the brake light is on. He sells one that works and recommends his or an OEM part. Sierra Madre and Amazon had one for $50+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMNVTVqHEp0

malcolm2
Parent Company, Service Technologies, GmbH, is in Austria..... not sure where they make the relay.

scallyk9
I have the same relay in my '74 and it works fine. Having the hand brake light steady on and the relay buzzing is annoying enough for me even if it did not flash. Malcolm2 has an early tach with separate L and R turn signals so that may affect his system.

My Wehrle relay has Hecho en Mexico printed on it.
malcolm2
I have ordered Spoke's modified relay but i have a question.

What if i find a higher wattage bulb for the brake light in the dash? Not sure what the current one is. What does the electric mind trust think the max wattage to use would be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.