Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing new M/C
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
deemsriddle
I am installing new lines from the master cylinder to the reservoir. The factory lines appear to be pre bent. I tried heat from hair dryer to bend the lines but the line buckled. Any tips?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(deemsriddle @ Feb 2 2018, 10:07 AM) *

I am installing new lines from the master cylinder to the reservoir. The factory lines appear to be pre bent. I tried heat from hair dryer to bend the lines but the line buckled. Any tips?

I don't think they were pre-bent. The tubing should be somewhat flexible.
They probably took a set over time, but the clips that secure them were necessary to hold the shape when new.
Mikey914
Metal lines are pre bent not plastic. Easy to replace.
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(deemsriddle @ Feb 2 2018, 06:07 AM) *

Bench bleed MC before installing if you change MC. Install reservoir lines into MC before installing MC. reservoir lines can then be slid into place and grommets installed. reservoir lines are very difficult to install into the MC when it is in the car. it is hard to grip them and know that they are properly seated into the rubber grommet in the MC. I fought this job in the car. it was simple with MC outside the car.
SKL1
Or get a new MC with the easy install option from 914rubber...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.