Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheel bolt ?'s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ottox914
I know there are 2 different lengths, one for steel wheels, one for alloys. I'm running some spacers on the back of my car, and have maybe 1/2" of thread on the alloy bolts still screwing into the hub. I'd like more. Is there another OEM or A/M bolt, stud, whatever you call it, that would be a little longer than the alloy one? Where can I get them?
nebreitling
you can get bolts in many lengths from many companies.

i got some from a company 'gorilla' something or other. they've got a catalog somewhere, probably available from summit or similar. check the length you need, make sure to get the ball end.

btw, where did you get your spacers? i'm looking for a good 20mm 4x130 spacer for my fronts.
Part Pricer
Check here and see if they have what you may need:

http://www.prestigewheel.com/mainBolts.htm

Eric_Shea
Verbus is what Porsche uses for an OEM "stud". They will thread into your hub. For that you'd have to remove the hub (they thread in from the backside). Figure your length and order appropriately. They can run $6.95 each for 72mm lengths and upwards of $18.00 each for longer. 45mm is stock.

Otherwise... look for 14 x 1.5 x whatever length you need.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Jun 1 2005, 07:26 AM)
Verbus is what Porsche uses for an OEM "stud". They will thread into your hub. For that you'd have to remove the hub (they thread in from the backside). Figure your length and order appropriately. They can run $6.95 each for 72mm lengths and upwards of $18.00 each for longer. 45mm is stock.

Otherwise... look for 14 x 1.5 x whatever length you need.

Never seen a Porsche installed wheel stud that was screwed in. They're pressed in, and are splined. "Verbus" is a hardware manufacturer. Screw in studs are an aftermarket "patch".

To answer the original post, a 14 mm stud or wheel bolt requires 14mm of engagement, that's 9/16". Any more than that is a waste of effort and money.

The Cap'n
MecGen
Hi
Check VW # 701 601 139 B
19mm head, 34 mm total threds, full ball cup
Compared to the 352BMW
17mm head,27mm total thred, half ball cup

Might help,
Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
TROJANMAN
check out this place
i believe they are audi and vw bolts, but they fit the same. stock for fuchs is 38mm, but they sell a 40mm.
Eric_Shea
Yup... Cap'n correct. They press in from the back. Totally blanked on that (even though I do it almost daily).

Same applies. You can press them in from the back once you remove the threads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.