Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 Engine Case
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gcrotvik
Someone looking for this?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...r-901-38-a.html
porschetub
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Feb 4 2018, 09:37 AM) *

Not cheap,think the seller is trying on the pretense that someone may be really looking and will pay,I have seen short blocks for that money.
Factor in case work and it becomes rather expensive to anyone other than those looking for numbers matching.
raynekat
$1250.....seems like a very reasonable price to me. If your case is junk, this is a great option.
Most of the short blocks I see for early 911's are in the $5-6k area.
As far as pricey engine cases go....there's a 64 aluminum case on eBay for a mere $49,000.
Puts the 914-6 asking price in perspective to me.
mepstein
QUOTE(raynekat @ Feb 3 2018, 06:34 PM) *

$1250.....seems like a very reasonable price to me. If your case is junk, this is a great option.
Most of the short blocks I see for early 911's are in the $5-6k area.
As far as pricey engine cases go....there's a 64 aluminum case on eBay for a mere $49,000.
Puts the 914-6 asking price in perspective to me.

agree.gif I sold my 914-6 case last year for $1,200. Sold the crank for $1k, heads, ect. Real Porsche parts aren’t cheap and are just going up.

Only 262 of those 64’s made. We bought a complete ‘64 last year for $45k but that was a very lucky, once in a lifetime deal.
rgalla9146
It's only worth that money to the person who owns the car it was delivered with..... If it still exists.....he/she even cares.
flyer86d
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 3 2018, 06:54 PM) *

It's only worth that money to the person who owns the car it was delivered with..... If it still exists.....he/she even cares.

Correct. But when the cars get old enough and restorers are looking for a period correct engine cases as they are for early 356 cars........

Charlie
porschetub
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 4 2018, 12:54 PM) *

Thanks Rory that's the real answer IMO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.