Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scam or ????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
I got this from a fellow who wants to buy a car I have for sale. Say's he is from New Zealand. Anyone seen this type of arrangement before. It looks "well how shall I say it" hokey to me.

Dear Craig C. Laughlin,
Thanks for the mail And the update,I have make arrangement for my shipper to
come to your location for the pick up of the car as the shipping will not be
any pros.I still cannot get the pictures in your website but kindly send it
to me as soon as possible.

Also i am ok with the price of the car as it is not too much for me to buy
it,I have a customer that was to sell opel car for me last week but
dissapointed me,Havent collected the money but later changed his mind that
he will not be selling again because his son just gain admission into the
university and will need it to transport all around.so i will instruct him
to issue the payment of check to you.

The amount is $10,000 and i also believe you cannot hold onto my balance
because the balance will be for my shipper to come over to your place and
pick the car up for me.
In this case when you receive the payment you will only deduct your cost
price of $4,000 and send the remaining $4,000 balance to my shipper that
will coming for the pick up of the car in your place.
Before the issuance of the payment i will like you to give me your full
information for the payment.

FULL NAME.
FULL MAILING ADDRESS.
CODE.
COUNTRY.
PHONE NO.
FAX NO.
I await your quick response.
Best regards,
Mr John Stuart.

Ferg
Scam ar15.gif
I get them all the time...
Ferg.
bondo
SCAM! And they almost always say right at the beginning "I am ok with the price". Never trust someone that doesn't want to haggle. smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Looks, Walks, Quacks
aircooledboy
English is clearly not that writer's first language.
bondo
BTW, what kind of Opel do you have? I have a GT that's in the middle of an electric conversion.
redshift
Scam? No!

Send him mail, tell him to:

Below Me

M
Joe Bob
Cash, ass or gas, no free rides....checks suck...unless they clear the bank.
rhodyguy
scams abound everywhere. even in the classifieds here. like that "READY TO INSTALL" engine i purchased.

k
Root_Werks
Scam.

Last thing I sold on eBay, buyer used the buy-it-now and sent me an e-mail. Said he would send me a check for $$$ and to send him back the difference. WTF? unsure.gif I reported him and sent him an e-mail back telling him to GO AWAY. slap.gif
nebreitling
fuck with him back.
boxstr
Okie Dokie, I guess the board has cleared that one up for me. I have to admit, that is the very first scam type of letter I have every received, except for the Nigeria one. I knew that one was real, so I sent them the $40,000 and they sent $4000,000,000.00 to my offshore account two weeks later. Not a bad retrun on my money. Thank you General Focle,E. Muhamed, Nigeria, State of Bormewa.
CCLINONEBORNEVERYMINUTE
aircooledboy
agree.gif

The one I got from Harry Paratestes in Brazil turned out to be real too. boldblue.gif w00t.gif
SLITS
Dear Mr. Lauglin,

I am very interested in the 914/6 you have for sale. However, I wish to have a 3.6 motor installed, Brembo Monoblocks with Bilstein Struts on all four corners. Additionally, please add front and rear swaybars of the appropriate size. I will trust your judgement in wheel fittment.

To this end, when you notify me that the car is finished and ready, I will forward a Cashier's Check, drawn on my account in Florida, for the sum of $85,000.00 US. You are to cash the check and retain your portion ($35,000.00) for the purchase of the car and the related requested work. Please forward the remaining $50,000.00 via Cashier
s Check to the following address:

Slits Shitz
49 Rue de Marque
Edelberry, England
1UT 7UT

Upon receipt of the the $50K, I will send a transport to pick up the car.

I would forward a phone number, but in this rural part of England, we still don't have phones.

So I know that I may trust you in this matter, please forward the following information as soon as possible:

Name
Address
Birthdate
Driver's License Number
All Mastercard, Visa, Disccover, American Express Card Numbers with personal identification number and expriy dates
Saving and Checking account numbers, with their commensurate routing numbers
A listing of all stocks and bonds you may be in possession of

Receipt of this information will expedite this transaction measurably.

Sincerely,

Slits Shitz
grantsfo
Yeah my mother in law, who is an artist and has a website where she sells her work, gets these types of emails about once a month.

Any email that doesnt outline a direct transaction for the exact amount you are asking is most likely a scam. Any requests that include wiring money are suspect as well.
Randal
English is clearly not that writer's first language

Well said. The people in New Zealand can speak and write the English language, unlike the message received.

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Randal @ Jun 1 2005, 08:48 AM)
English is clearly not that writer's first language

Well said. The people in New Zealand can speak and write the English language, unlike the message received.

Yeah, but they spaek it upside down ................. The Cap'n
Always Looking
Thought I'd chime in with my "experience." When I was 17, I responded to an ad for a 914 with a cracked winshield that "Runs Good". It was advertised for $500 - well within my budget. I called and got the adress, but the seller was not going to be around for a day or so. I went by to see this gem. First thing I noticed was the three inches of water sitting in the cabin. Sinking into the water was the shift likage; resting high and dry was the engine on the passenger seat. When I called him a few days later I asked him about the "runs good" part of his ad, he said, "well.... it used to." flipa.gif

DipShit
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jun 1 2005, 07:10 AM)
The amount is $10,000 and i also believe you cannot hold onto my balance
because the balance will be for my shipper to come over to your place and
pick the car up for me.
In this case when you receive the payment you will only deduct your cost
price of $4,000 and send the remaining $4,000 balance to my shipper that
will coming for the pick up of the car in your place.

You can send me the extra $2K - I don't think he'd miss it.
Hammy
Scam. Sounds similar to the Nigeria scammers.. happened to my dad and I once. We were trying to sell our sailboat mast, and the guy asked for a similar setup such as that. This was a while back, before it became well known as a scam- we fell for it. That was a shitty day to say the least. smile.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Jun 1 2005, 07:14 AM)
English is clearly not that writer's first language.

Mmm, Mmm, Broken english..you should be afraid of. Scam you have recieved, Run you should Mmm Mmm Yess. Far away this car goes, it will not. Bad grammer you should be warned of Mmm, Mmm Yes, Yes. With you , the farce is....Mmm, Mmm Yes
vortrex
did you get this from a craigslist ad? I placed an ad there for something last week and got two emails, almost the same, from two different countries.
redshift
http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Sweet revenge.

M
sgomes
smilie_pokal.gif

That guy is a genius!!!! pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.