Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front trunk release with pull and guide tube $99 shipped domestic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mikey914
I got a bunch of the front trunk release mechanisms re plated and I'm offering up as a replacement set at $99.

I am missing the cable retaining clips so if you do exchange DO KEEP THE ONES ON YOURS

Included are -
1 front trunk mechanism replated
1 trunk cable
1 trunk tube for cable

Clip not included (see pic)

I have 7 of these ready.
bdstone914
There are two versions of lower front latches. You show the type with two springs. Other type has one spring. They are interchangable. Some owners will want the original type back on the car.
Mikey914
I do have both, so specify if you care.
Thx
BuddyV
Mikey -

I have been putting off ordering a new cable..... i the new latch for people looking to improve the look of the exposed latch? They don't fail, do they?

Usually it's just the cable?

Just wondering (because now I am wondering what parts I need to do my repair)

beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 5 2018, 09:27 PM) *

There are two versions of lower front latches. You show the type with two springs. Other type has one spring. They are interchangable. Some owners will want the original type back on the car.

I had no idea. Cool fact.
Mikey914
The release mechanism I've never heard of a failure. the do get all gummed up with crud, but the springs do the heavy lifting, and short of a spring failure I'd say pretty bulletproof.

Typical failure modes of the entire unit are
1- The cable
2- The plastic tube becomes cracked in multiple locations and actually flexes when pulled. Symptom is it requires more "pull" over time.

Also do note, you want to route the plastic cover exactly like the factory as it has hold downs to allow it to guide the cable. Otherwise it will not have proper tension.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.