Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: AMCO center console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
My customized center console was destroyed and now I'm trying to find one wide enough to accommodate the vent/heater controls (since my dash is full of gauges now). Anyone have a line on one of these AMCO center consoles I keep hearing about?
sb914
QUOTE(98101 @ Feb 6 2018, 07:55 PM) *

My customized center console was destroyed and now I'm trying to find one wide enough to accommodate the vent/heater controls (since my dash is full of gauges now). Anyone have a line on one of these AMCO center consoles I keep hearing about?

Old thread but hit this guy up he might still be around.Click to view attachment
QUOTE(sb914 @ Feb 7 2018, 05:14 AM) *

QUOTE(98101 @ Feb 6 2018, 07:55 PM) *

Old thread but hit this guy up he might still be around.Click to view attachment

Yes thanks! I found that post and PMed him.

I guess everyone has their quirks.
koozy
If you find one and they have another I would be interested in buying one too so if you would pass the info on to me I would appreciate it.
JRust
I've got one if the first guy doesn't. I've always liked them so picked on up when I found it. I don't need it for my car though. I built a custom center console as I needed it taller. I'll try to dig it out if you turn out needing one
I didn't get a response from majkos, but then I noticed there's a majkos1 who posted recently. Both ID's seem to be in Colorado. So PMed that one just now.

Seems like an interesting guy even if he doesn't have any consoles left. He made the only 914 car-b-que I've ever seen.
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 7 2018, 09:26 PM) *

I've got one if the first guy doesn't. I've always liked them so picked on up when I found it. I don't need it for my car though. I built a custom center console as I needed it taller. I'll try to dig it out if you turn out needing one

I wish I had the time, skills, tools, facilities to make one myself.

If you didn't see my other post, someone modified mine without my blessing. Here's the before and after pictures.

Before:
Click to view attachment

After:
Click to view attachment
koozy
Uhggg.... What a bummer. Sorry that happened to you.
QUOTE(koozy @ Feb 7 2018, 10:01 PM) *

Uhggg.... What a bummer. Sorry that happened to you.

Yeah, it's a painful feeling. Kind of discouraging after making progress on the car in other ways.

The reason I'm searching for an AMCO console is that I think it might accommodate the vent/heater controls a previous owner moved out of the dash, so I wouldn't have to redo the whole dash until I get the car's other issues sorted. I don't think the stock console is wide enough to fit those controls.
koozy
You know what would work is an early deposit box that you could put a face on. With that you could also put a radio and gauges if you wanted. There is a guy who makes new ones at a really reasonable price. Have you seen the early deposit box?
QUOTE(koozy @ Feb 7 2018, 10:20 PM) *

You know what would work is an early deposit box that you could put a face on. With that you could also put a radio and gauges if you wanted. There is a guy who makes new ones at a really reasonable price. Have you seen the early deposit box?

Is that like a payment box for before the bank opens? I googled it and found this:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...ox-70-71-a.html
Click to view attachment

That could work if it's wide enough. I don't think I'll put a radio in until I have a safer place to park though!
koozy
That's it. That one is on a car with air conditioning so it looks awkward at the top. They look much cleaner without the air conditioning. That box is wide. I think it will work though it has to be something you like looking at.
QUOTE(koozy @ Feb 7 2018, 10:34 PM) *

That's it. That one is on a car with air conditioning so it looks awkward at the top. They look much cleaner without the air conditioning. That box is wide. I think it will work though it has to be something you like looking at.

Thanks for the idea! I like the storage space, and the fact that it was only on the early cars like my 1970.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.