Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT (somewhat) but, I thought everyone would like to see this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmichalik
Due to an almost purchase of a Lotus Esprit in 2000, I've been on the mailing list of this company. I get these monthly and they never dissapoint.

This time, they have an original 904 for sale so I thought I would share.

http://www.anamera.com/en/detail/car/51551...he=1&ret=63

I'm in no way affiliated with this company, other than as an interested recipient of their emails. Check out the asking price.....

If I have this in the wrong area, please feel free to move it accordingly.
stuttgart46
Do you think they provide in-house financing?

Thanks for posting. That is a thing of beauty.
Dr Evil
Oh man. Sexy. What a weird transmission.
bbrock
Holy stromberg.gif That car is from near here! I wonder if I could get a home state discount?
eeyore
I would convert it into a 70s era IMSA 914 racer
siverson
Neat. I would buy it but I'm pretty sure I'm too tall for a 904.

-Steve
Larmo63
agree.gif

Mark Garriott wins the thread. first.gif
Larmo63
Jerry Seinfeld had a difficult time getting out of his at Luftgekuhlt a few years ago, I'm sure you wouldn't fit, Steve.

Chris914n6
Good pics. Thanks for posting.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Garriott @ Feb 7 2018, 12:02 PM) *

laugh.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
JeffBowlsby
$1.9M for this 'original' car - with an engine swap...

Wow.
Tom_T
I get their emails too, & Symbolic has had it FS for some time now.

They brought another interesting 959 to the San Diego Region PCA Concours in 2016 or 2017 that I was judging at, & entered it in Full Concours there as a promotion for their dealership, so they get a lot of interesting cars.

Their newsletter is good for the drool factor - even if the prices are out of normal mankind's reach.
drooley.gif wub.gif

You San Diego area guys keep an eye out for when they have an open house for PCA or something, & let us others in SoCal know.

Zone 8 doesn't always put all of the SDR events in their emails, so sometimes we don't know about things until reported after the fact, as happened with the last Symbolic "Droolfest" .... errr .... open house! sad.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rudedude
I'd rather have it with its original 4 cam motor but would probably be worth much more.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Mark Garriott @ Feb 7 2018, 12:02 PM) *

agree.gif sawzall-smiley.gif LOL !!!
gms
QUOTE(rudedude @ Feb 7 2018, 12:34 PM) *

I'd rather have it with its original 4 cam motor but would probably be worth much more.

then just pony up another million for a matching numbers car biggrin.gif
gms
QUOTE(Mark Garriott @ Feb 7 2018, 11:02 AM) *

tooth.gif
134.gif
av-943.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 7 2018, 12:44 PM) *

$1.9M for this 'original' car - with an engine swap...

Wow.

Well raced cars often do not have their original engine. It can be a bonus but they are often changed, upgraded, ect. Providence, race history, driver history all come into play. Sometimes there are 2 original cars when someone takes a part of one car to remake it and then the original car is rebuilt. We have the RC Cola 962 at our shop and it has a twin made from a part of ours with the same vin.
Mueller
Wonder what happened to the original engine, the ad mentions that the 911 motor was installed by the factory.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mark Garriott @ Feb 7 2018, 09:02 AM) *

lol-2.gif
johnhora
Thanks for the posting...
fascinating pictures of the underside
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 7 2018, 08:56 AM) *

You like the Nadella axles? Early 911s (not sure about 912s) also used them. Puzzled the **** out of me when I saw one at a swap meet a long while ago. The funky folded-over part near the trans end deals with the change in distance between the hub and transaxle flange as the suspension goes up and down. Weird, weird stuff.

I don't remember why they switched to the Lobro type we are all used to. Likely either less expensive, or better reliability, or both.

--DD
mmichalik
Glad everyone liked the post.

It seems to be a pretty cool car and I too wonder what happened to the original motor. Porsche probably kept is. wink.gif
wndsrfr
QUOTE(stuttgart46 @ Feb 7 2018, 08:53 AM) *

Do you think they provide in-house financing?

Chump change for Jay Leno....
dr.tim
QUOTE(bbrock @ Feb 7 2018, 09:56 AM) *

Holy stromberg.gif That car is from near here! I wonder if I could get a home state discount?

I haven't seen it running the backroads near P-burg.. confused24.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(dr.tim @ Feb 7 2018, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Feb 7 2018, 09:56 AM) *

I haven't seen it running the backroads near P-burg.. confused24.gif

lol-2.gif Makes you wonder what else is hidden somewhere in those hills. I'm imagining a Bruce Wayne type Bat Cave filled with exotc gems. The Treasure State is certainly interesting, isn't it?
dr.tim
QUOTE(bbrock @ Feb 7 2018, 08:40 PM) *

lol-2.gifI'm imagining a Bruce Wayne type Bat Cave filled with exotc gems. The Treasure State is certainly interesting, isn't it?

I'm imagining shell LLCs which serve only to register vehicles in a non-emissions-controlled state...

But, yes... interesting. sunglasses.gif
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 7 2018, 03:21 PM) *

You like the Nadella axles? Early 911s (not sure about 912s) also used them. Puzzled the **** out of me when I saw one at a swap meet a long while ago. The funky folded-over part near the trans end deals with the change in distance between the hub and transaxle flange as the suspension goes up and down. Weird, weird stuff.

I don't remember why they switched to the Lobro type we are all used to. Likely either less expensive, or better reliability, or both.

--DD

My (relatively) early '66 912 came with Nadela axles apparently, it still has the dents on the underside of one of the rear seat shells from when the thing let go. dry.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Feb 7 2018, 11:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 7 2018, 03:21 PM) *

--DD

My (relatively) early '66 912 came with Nadela axles apparently, it still has the dents on the underside of one of the rear seat shells from when the thing let go. dry.gif

I have rebuilt a few early 911/912 boxes with those axels. The odd part of that trans is it is part early 901 box, then turns into a 915 style towards the aft, but still aluminum, and I cant make out the shift mechanism for the life of me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.