Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Belt Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Millerwelds
I have had my 914 for 7 or 8 yeas now. Lately the seat belt has been retracting so well that it is cutting into my neck while driving (at least it feels that way). I do not recall it ever being an issue before. I recall you used to be able to slightly tug on a tight belt and get it to lock into a slightly loose position so it was comfortable. This belt is not doing that. It does not appear that the passenger belt does that either. Is that feature built into the 914 belts? Would removing and soaking / relubing the mechanism get that feature to start working again? Car is a 74 by the way.
mgphoto
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Feb 7 2018, 11:02 AM) *

I have had my 914 for 7 or 8 yeas now. Lately the seat belt has been retracting so well that it is cutting into my neck while driving (at least it feels that way). I do not recall it ever being an issue before. I recall you used to be able to slightly tug on a tight belt and get it to lock into a slightly loose position so it was comfortable. This belt is not doing that. It does not appear that the passenger belt does that either. Is that feature built into the 914 belts? Would removing and soaking / relubing the mechanism get that feature to start working again? Car is a 74 by the way.

They don't work that way.
The belts come with a small plastic clip that prevents the belt from retracting .
Millerwelds
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Feb 7 2018, 01:46 PM) *

The belts come with a small plastic clip that prevents the belt from retracting .

Thanks. Amazon seat belt stoppers it is! beerchug.gif
mgphoto

Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Feb 7 2018, 03:13 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Yeah I don't recall seeing those on mine. Will double check though. Thanks for the picture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.