Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Original Bischoff 2.0L Muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cal
No affiliation.....this looks to be an excellent original '73/'74 2.0L exhaust muffler for sale on eBay for $299.00. It took me over a year to find one in this condition.....originals are rare and hard to find.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253412167900
Tom_T
Just an FYI for those looking, Bischoff was one of the OEM mfgrs. for these 2L Banana mufflers, & probably made the largest number of the standard mufflers (Leistritz made standard & "sport" versions of them).

& the pix look like it's in pretty solid condition - on the outside anyway, & should paint up nicely with some VHT Exhaust Gray to look presentable.
It certainly looks nicer than my 1980 purchased Bischoff on my 2L! biggrin.gif

I can't say if the price is fair, but it's worth comparing it to the price of the brand new 2L Banana from the current Porsche OEM supplier Dansk/JP which is all new & purdy, & it has a chromed tailpipe, so you won't need to add the chrome exhaust tip - if that's your preference.

Shipping is perhaps a tad high, but then it may fall into UPS oversize pricing, depending on how it's boxed (IIRC my 2L Leistritz coming from NY was around $35-40 a few years ago).

No affiliation, just sharing some facts & opinions.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914Sixer
All ready sold.
Cal
That was a very good deal.....IMO, it could have sold for more.
euro911
Ontario is only a half hour drive from me, I would have driven to pick it up and visited with friends while I was there shades.gif
cal44
Dang it, missed it by that much.....someone got a good deal especially for a non pitted old muffler.
euro911
agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.