Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 door threshold trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gms
I received my 914 door threshold trim today(from 914rubber) and it is both beautiful and accurate. Below is a side by side comparison
thanks Mark thumb3d.gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
Would you expect anything less?
defianty
I got mine yesterday too along with many other parts. They do indeed look great. In fact everything I ordered looks great. Thanks very much Mark.
simonjb
They do look great. Mine are black - was the silver an option? Or were mine silver at one point?
Mikey914
Lates are black plastic. We made black in metal.
Mikey914
QUOTE(simonjb @ Feb 8 2018, 06:33 AM) *

They do look great. Mine are black - was the silver an option? Or were mine silver at one point?

Sorry didn't thoroughly answer this for you.
Stock on the 70-74 cars was "silver" the late cars they cut costs and made from plastic, Why I did them in metal is the carpet strips in plastic almost ALWAYS deformed when you tightened them down.

75-76 were black
Bartlett 914
Mine also came in. I also have these on my Yellow car. I only install the large piece. I felt that the carpet strip was too bright. Not a reflection on the quality which is very good only matter of taste. Maybe I should paint them black or order a black set from 914 rubber. Anyway, nice product. One of your better deals
daytona
I have a 74 LE Creamsicle with black plastic threshold and carpet strip. Is that wrong?
rgolia
My 74 came with Plastic and it is an early 74.
simonjb
Mines an early 1974 and they are black plastic
daytona
OK, I feel better now.
Mikey914
I will change this I was not aware that they stared as early as 74 on the stock cars. the back and yellow LE's it would make sense also.
Let me know on the black we have just finished them up. the process is different and makes the finish very durable. It is $10 more on a set, but if you wish to exchange, I would be happy to credit you the purchase price (on return) and charge the same amount + the finishing cost ($10).
Just let me know.
Mark
PS the finishing process on these actually dulls it, they were even brighter before!
bbrock
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 10 2018, 11:23 AM) *

I will change this I was not aware that they stared as early as 74 on the stock cars. the back and yellow LE's it would make sense also.
Let me know on the black we have just finished them up. the process is different and makes the finish very durable. It is $10 more on a set, but if you wish to exchange, I would be happy to credit you the purchase price (on return) and charge the same amount + the finishing cost ($10).
Just let me know.
Mark
PS the finishing process on these actually dulls it, they were even brighter before!

Well, it goes even earlier than that. I have a mid-MY '73 (April) that came with black plastic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.