Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Twin Busch Lift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
Any thoughts on this style of scissor lift? Looks like a German company, but products available in the States as well.

The real action starts at about 3:10 into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDrmLX6fSRc
Elliot Cannon
Very nice lift. It probably cost more than my car is worth. laugh.gif
jd74914
It does look nice and their prices seem realatively reasonable (~$1700 USD).
burton73
Shipping to Los Angeles.

$239.

Bob B
yellowporky
We installed one of their twin post units and have been very happy with it. They were a couple hundred more than the chinese lifts. It is a german company and are made in china to their specs.
burton73
The Chinese can do good manufacturing if the Home Company –The German company- goes out and does quality control. In my case I have Chinese (Taiwanese) rep for my company that lives in southern China that goes to the factory and sends pictures of current production.

Some times they do something stupid like right after Chinese New Year when they get new employees.

Bob B
76-914
IMHO, I think the Max Jax is a better unit. This thing is portable but where do you store it if your thinking portability? It's pretty large. Will it adjust for different width's? I paid 1699.00 for the Max Jax $0 shipping from Costco. I'm just not a fan of ramp style lifts. Any lift is better than no lift so buy it if that's what you want. The most overlooked benefit of a lift is the ability to raise your 914 to a height that doesn't require bending over all of the time. beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 7 2018, 08:06 PM) *

It does look nice and their prices seem realatively reasonable (~$1700 USD).

Way cheaper than I assumed. Designed in Germany, built in China. What could be better? av-943.gif
burton73
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 8 2018, 07:46 AM) *

IMHO, I think the Max Jax is a better unit. This thing is portable but where do you store it if your thinking portability? It's pretty large. Will it adjust for different width's? I paid 1699.00 for the Max Jax $0 shipping from Costco. I'm just not a fan of ramp style lifts. Any lift is better than no lift so buy it if that's what you want. The most overlooked benefit of a lift is the ability to raise your 914 to a height that doesn't require bending over all of the time. beerchug.gif

I have never thought of this lift. Costco is out of them. I sold my Danmar 4 post lift to Mark but this looks like it may do the trick for my cars in my garage. Price seems right and I can always sell it used to one of my 914 brethren in Los Angeles if it is not a right fit.

Question is what it will it cost to get assembled and bolted up to my garage. We have earthquakes here and would not like my cars taken out by falling lift parts.

Bob B
dcheek
Like I tell everybody, unless you absolutely have to have a portable lift get a 2 post lift like this one from Greg's Equipment. You can pick them up and save on shipping. Takes about 3 hours to install. I've had mine for several years and it works great.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Elite-9KBP

Click to view attachment

Dave
gothspeed
QUOTE(dcheek @ Feb 8 2018, 03:25 PM) *

Like I tell everybody, unless you absolutely have to have a portable lift get a 2 post lift like this one from Greg's Equipment. You can pick them up and save on shipping. Takes about 3 hours to install. I've had mine for several years and it works great.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Elite-9KBP

Click to view attachment

Dave

Looks very nice, thanks for posting smile.gif
thomasotten
My problem with the two post lifts is that everything is dependent on the quality of the concrete. Down here in this part of Texas, even the nicest homes show cracks in their garage floors. Also, should you be storing a car up on the 2-post lift like shown in the photo? I remember reading one of the owner's manuals and it was forbidden.

I called inquiring about the Twin Busch lift and they are not available until mid April.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.