Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hyd. clutch brackets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dwillouby
Hello,

Reworking my previous post.
I am selling kits to assist in converting the cable operated clutch to a hydraulic system.
Kit includes the mounting plates for the master cylinder and slave cylinder,
mounting hardware, parts list, and installation guide.

$56.00 shipped USA

PayPal to dWillouby@aol.com

Thanks
DavidClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
gothspeed
Interesting, where does one source the remaining pieces from? Where do you recommend locating the reservoir? Any more pics of the install?
GeorgeRud
He has all the other components listed in his instructions. Great idea to make this available for doing the conversion.
flmont
Ill be having 1 kit,..this is the stuff guys like me need..!! Thanks
sfrenck
So my research on World says this change doesn't make the clutch easier to push, but rather it just takes the cable stretching/breaking out of the equation.

Is this true?
dwillouby
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Feb 10 2018, 09:37 AM) *

So my research on World says this change doesn't make the clutch easier to push, but rather it just takes the cable stretching/breaking out of the equation.

Is this true?

Not really sure if is easier. It does seem smoother although.
David
dwillouby
icon_bump.gif
dwillouby
I have 7 sets left for sale.

Doubt I will make any more.

Will lower price to $51.00 shipped in USA.

Thanks
David
dwillouby
icon_bump.gif
dwillouby
icon_bump.gif
gothspeed
Any pictures of the inside pedal area?
timothy_nd28
Is this kit still available? Also, what is the point of the curly hydraulic line near the slave? You also see these near most master cylinders.
Click to view attachment
dwillouby
The kit I made is for the 901 trans.

You wont need the bracket to mount the slave on the Boxster trans.

David
timothy_nd28
The picture was just an illustration for the curly hydraulic line. I have a relatively stock 914 that has a 901. I have a 2nd project 914 which will be a LS4 and a boxster trans. So in total, I would need 1.5 kits biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Feb 23 2021, 05:40 PM) *

The picture was just an illustration for the curly hydraulic line. I have a relatively stock 914 that has a 901. I have a 2nd project 914 which will be a LS4 and a boxster trans. So in total, I would need 1.5 kits biggrin.gif

Timothy,
When I put the Cayman trans in my car, I ran a hard line to the left rear corner of the engine compartment where I added a brake line bracket from a bent front strut. Then I used a 356 rubber brake line hose to run from the body to the transmission. It is the right length and readily available.

And you have to get the right sized master cylinder to make it work with a Boxster/Cayman trans. I ended up with a Wilwood master cylinder. The stock 964 master cylinder was too small to move enough fluid for the Cayman clutch.

Good luck.

timothy_nd28
Exactly what I needed, thanks Clay! Most people that are doing this conversion are using soft lines from the master to the slave cylinder. Having a soft line for that length will have some loss of slave cylinder throw due to the stretchiness and expansion of the rubber line.
I was thinking of doing the conversion with hard line for the length of the car, and use a soft line for the last foot or so. The curly circles on the hydraulic line are there for a reason, just unaware why its needed.
Thanks for the 356 brake line tip beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.