Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good news
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
Laguna Seca Raceway. http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/mazda-...o-come-in-2018/
GeorgeRud
Wonderful news! Just hope they can stay financially viable and keep the noise and traffic complaints at bay (those homes off the ridge should know there’s a racetrack at the end of the road and that they’re under a glide path for the airport). Looking forward to visiting again for the Rennsport Reunion!
Elliot Cannon
Every time I go to this track, I see more and more expensive homes being built. It's just a matter of time before more pressure is applied in the way of noise complaints.
chrisg
They already have too many noise regulations in place there because of all the houses they keep building over the past years. I haven’t done a track day there in at least 10 years and even when I worked for a motorcycle track school they always had decibel meters set up at certain track locations. You can’t get through tech anymore with anything but stock exhaust. Same as everywhere else, build around an existing race track or airport and then complain about the noise and traffic.
brant
way too much noise restriction already.

they have a few... (very limited) number of noise free dates
I've run there on a noise free day and wouldn't go back any other way
trying to get into a noise free day in May this year, but yet to be seen
brant
bretth
I used to live walking distance from Islip speedway in NY. Was built in the 40's when no one lived anywhere near the track. Over the years houses built all around the track led to noise complaints. I remember seeing larger windows shaking from the noise on some houses. Who the hell builds a house next to a race track then complain about it? They were forced to close in the 80's Total bullshit. Was home to the first ever demo derby, also had figure 8 racing and televised Nascar races.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.