Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for inspiration,stock seats w/non-stock covers? Or aftermarket seats?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Not building a race car so no desire for true racing seats, looking for something that looks cool and is comfortable.

I've been looking at all the different Singer 911 interiors in the last few days while planning my build and they are all very inspiring (and costly of course)

Anyone make their own leather/suede basket weave?
holtby914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 9 2018, 03:35 PM) *

Not building a race car so no desire for true racing seats, looking for something that looks cool and is comfortable.

I've been looking at all the different Singer 911 interiors in the last few days while planning my build and they are all very inspiring (and costly of course)

Anyone make their own leather/suede basket weave?

I don't know what it is about them, but I love the look and feel of stock 914 seats. Have you ever seen the interior in Magnus Walker's 914, it might give you inspiration similar to singer.
7TPorsh
Maybe 914rubber can do the stock inserts in real basket weave.
Mueller
QUOTE(holtby914 @ Feb 9 2018, 12:39 PM) *

I don't know what it is about them, but I love the look and feel of stock 914 seats. Have you ever seen the interior in Magnus Walker's 914, it might give you inspiration similar to singer.

No, I have not seen his car or pictures of the interior, will search for pics at my next break time.
mtn flyr
I like these, they are Konigs. Not stock but comfortable and good looking IMHO.
Click to view attachment
mtndawg
The inserts covered in 911 perforated leather would look really nice. Please post pics if anyone has that.
My 914
Does anyone have a link to pictures of Magnus Walker's 914?
Justinp71
QUOTE(mtn flyr @ Feb 9 2018, 01:07 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Can you buy these anywhere?
mtn flyr
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Feb 9 2018, 02:48 PM) *

QUOTE(mtn flyr @ Feb 9 2018, 01:07 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Can you buy these anywhere?

Bought them from a member here. Think you have to find them used somewhere.

Andyrew
Its part of my design plan.

Have I implemented it yet? Hell no...

914rubber has the stamp to stamp any vinyl. I had them do this for me. Still in a box sad.gif
Note: This is my vinyl I provided for stamping, so it matches my leather color completely. I have worries about it deforming when sat on, I have not done a stress test with it.

IPB Image

Wasnt "cheap" but I got enough stamped to do some dash stuff, the door panels, and some seat inserts.
Mueller
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 9 2018, 02:05 PM) *

914rubber has the stamp to stamp any vinyl. I had them do this for me. Still in a box sad.gif
Note: This is my vinyl I provided for stamping, so it matches my leather color completely. I have worries about it deforming when sat on, I have not done a stress test with it.

Wasnt "cheap" but I got enough stamped to do some dash stuff, the door panels, and some seat inserts.

slick looking, I'd be afraid to put that pen on there!
raynekat
These are from GTS Classics.
Grommets could easily be added.

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 9 2018, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 9 2018, 02:05 PM) *

slick looking, I'd be afraid to put that pen on there!

I happen to have this stuff in my office (and its friday so home for me..)

Been about a year and a half its been rolled up in a box. This is the size that they are stamped to.
Click to view attachment
And this is the detail. Supposed to match factory basket weave which IMHO it does.
Click to view attachment
burton73
QUOTE(raynekat @ Feb 9 2018, 02:27 PM) *

Click to view attachment

There is nothing cuter than this.

Bob B
wub.gif
Mikey914
We could do up something with Grommets in Singer style. I'll play around with this. What color as a predominant?
Chris914n6
Mike D. of WCR fame, was making nice fitting bolstered stock seats.

I looked it up after the other Stinger thread, Amazon sells rolls of leather strips. The twins could weave it together biggrin.gif

Maybe because of the desert, I greatly prefer cloth seats. It breathes and sticks better than vinyl. More comfortable with shorts. Also works better with the seat heaters. The N6 will likely get the Houndstooth I found locally, or if the S13 seats don't work for me I'll use the Tartan Recaros I scored.

[edit:updated member]
burton73
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Lots of great ideas if you got the money. Love the web. I think it is going to catch on.

O' yea. Thinking of this color/ canary yellow for #41

Bob B wub.gifClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
oakdalecurtis
AA Tartan cloth, $300 local upholsterer for both.

Click to view attachment
gereed75
Yes the Singer look is very cool. I have seen some articles about making real basket weave from leather strips. Looks like a PITA and results don’t look so good IMHO.

Love the Watkins Glen seats from Stefan at Classic Seats. Closest Copy to the Scheels that we’re in the Factory GTs. He will do any material you want

In the mean time I saw this at the local import tuner show. Kinda like it. Sorta houndstooth Pepita charactiture.

Click to view attachment

In a really nicely done VW bug. Found the material on the net. I think I found it searching “big pepita”

Inspired yet??
Mueller
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Feb 10 2018, 06:32 AM) *

Yes the Singer look is very cool. I have seen some articles about making real basket weave from leather strips. Looks like a PITA and results don’t look so good IMHO.

Love the Watkins Glen seats from Stefan at Classic Seats. Closest Copy to the Scheels that we’re in the Factory GTs. He will do any material you want

In the mean time I saw this at the local import tuner show. Kinda like it. Sorta houndstooth Pepita charactiture.

In a really nicely done VW bug. Found the material on the net. I think I found it searching “big pepita”

Inspired yet??

I actually watched some scrapbook and furniture making videos yesterday to learn more about the basket weave. I forgot one of my neighbors has an industrial sewing machine and he made me some dust covers for my welders a few years ago, time to start saving pictures and show them to him on what is practical to try out.

Andyrew
I watch this channel occasionally. Guy has master skills but doesnt speak english so his son translates.

Note, everything is in real time so you might have to skip forward.

Some really great stuff in there.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Cechaflo
Mueller
Well, the wife likes the Orange Tartan 44 from 914Rubber.

Guess I'll be biting the bullet and buying the kit(s)

Are all year 914 seats the same?

My car has 2 different seats? screwy.gif

Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 11 2018, 09:32 PM) *

Make sure you have a driver and a passenger seat. They both fit either spot but If you look from the back, the door side should angle down slightly from the middle of the car.
Mowog4
I took an old set of Corbeaus’ out of my Bugeye Sprite, recovered them in leather and wool I got from 914Rubber, and built the mounts this weekend.Click to view attachment I am continually surprised at how long this car is taking to build.
Andyrew
QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Feb 11 2018, 08:33 PM) *

I took an old set of Corbeaus’ out of my Bugeye Sprite, recovered them in leather and wool I got from 914Rubber, and built the mounts this weekend.Click to view attachment I am continually surprised at how long this car is taking to build.

drooley.gif

Those look great!!
Lucky9146

They look great! I have a set of Corbeaus, the same exact seats. Do you have any pictures of the mounts you built that you could post?

As for being surprised about taking longer build your car, if you are doing it right, and it sure looks like you are, it does take longer. beerchug.gif
white914.jpg
Mowog4
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Feb 11 2018, 11:12 PM) *

They look great! I have a set of Corbeaus, the same exact seats. Do you have any pictures of the mounts you built that you could post?

As for being surprised about taking longer build your car, if you are doing it right, and it sure looks like you are, it does take longer. beerchug.gif
white914.jpg

The mounts were simple. I had a water jet company make me a square to mount to the seat base.
Click to view attachment
Then I welded it into the steel tracks
Click to view attachment

The seats bolt into the 914 factory mounts, worked pretty well. I’ll take some more pictures later today. I pulled the seats out to redo the Hydraulic clutch, i’ll take some pics as I put them back in.
bdstone914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 11 2018, 09:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 11 2018, 09:32 PM) *

Make sure you have a driver and a passenger seat. They both fit either spot but If you look from the back, the door side should angle down slightly from the middle of the car.

agree.gif
Also the drivers seat has a recess for the e brake handle. I think the differences are just in the foam shape.
Steve
Beware of some aftermarket seats like Konig. Some are really tight in the ass. I have a 32” waste and I could not fit comfortably in the Konig seats. I reupholstered my stock seats from autos international. I bought there kit and had a local shop install them.
Mikey914
Thinking about this combo with gold grommets
gothspeed
QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 9 2018, 04:41 PM) *

QUOTE(raynekat @ Feb 9 2018, 02:27 PM) *

Click to view attachment

There is nothing cuter than this.

Bob B
wub.gif

+1 ... driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.