Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LED bulbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tsvo
I bought a set of LED bulbs from 914 Rubber for my gauges. What do I need to do to replace them? Is there anything I need to look out for?

Any help is appreciated.
TheCabinetmaker
1. Remove old bulb.
2 install new bulb.
3. Have a beer.
Seriously, it's about that easy.
76-914
Be sure the bulb is square when inserting the holder back into the gage. They can get cocked to the side easily. They make a huge difference! beerchug.gif
tsvo
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Feb 10 2018, 09:04 AM) *

1. Remove old bulb.
2 install new bulb.
3. Have a beer.
Seriously, it's about that easy.

Thanks, knew it was a dumb question, just thought I would throw it out to make sure there was not any odd electrical "gremlins" waiting for me.
tsvo
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 10 2018, 09:56 AM) *

Be sure the bulb is square when inserting the holder back into the gage. They can get cocked to the side easily. They make a huge difference! beerchug.gif

Thanks for the tip. I will watch our for that.
mgphoto
Use a cotton towel placed on the top of the steering column, so you don't scratch it pulling the tach.
Loosen the tang holding the speedo cable under the dash, much easier than removing the cable at the speedo.
My tach was rebuilt by No. Hollywood Speedo, I needed to use the collar for the clock bulb to space them correctly in the tach.
Mostly plug and play, just rotate the bulbs to project maximum light.
tsvo
Thank you for the advise. Do I need to pull the steerining wheel off?
Mikey914
No need to remove the steering wheel. The gage just needs to pop out. you can do one at a time. But whatever you do , DO NOT replace the "G" light with a LED. you will loose the alternators induction charge through that circut as the D in LED is diode.
tsvo
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 10 2018, 01:19 PM) *

No need to remove the steering wheel. The gage just needs to pop out. you can do one at a time. But whatever you do , DO NOT replace the "G" light with a LED. you will loose the alternators induction charge through that circut as the D in LED is diode.

Thank you Mark
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 10 2018, 11:19 AM) *

Hey Marky Mark,

Is the G light the one on the combo gauge? Just curious.
Mikey914
Yes the green one on the bottom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.