Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is a 1.7 L with a mostly complete FI system worth ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
The donor car has a contact 1.7 L with most of the fuel ejection system still on it. The wiring from the computer to the injectors have been taken off but the rest of it looks to be there still. Car has been indicated 87,450 +/- miles on it, oil looks clean.

My guess is it was parked after it had a front and hit, but that is conjecture because I don't have history of paperwork on the car.

mepstein
free - $200
Just my opinion but I would call it an unknown core.
Tdskip
Good morning. Unknown core is the right characterization....
GeorgeRud
I gave one away a few years ago to make room in my garage.
JeffBowlsby
agree.gif Just because the parts are there, does not mean they work.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 10 2018, 10:02 AM) *

agree.gif Just because the parts are there, does not mean they work.

agree.gif
MPS, injectors, harness are always questionable. I have a working 1.7 FI system given to me. Not much demand for 1.7 FI unless some one is removing carbs.
mepstein
I've given away a bunch of engines for free but if you have the time, there are a lot of small parts that are nice to have. oil cooler bracket, thermostat bolt & pulley, ect. Jake Raby said the early 1.7 engine case is the best one to use for high power builds.
Mueller
Possibly worth more if you can get it running and take some compression numbers from it or even allow prospective buyer to drive it.

Like mentioned earlier, I've gotten 1.7 motors for free and I too have a complete 1.7 d-jet that I need to get rid of and I don't expect much $$ from it all all.
Tdskip
Thanks for the education gentlemen.

How about the transmission?
mepstein
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 10 2018, 10:32 PM) *

Thanks for the education gentlemen.

How about the transmission?

$100 for tailshifter core, $250 for sideshifter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.