Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Southeastern Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Craigers17
Being somewhat of a novice/newbie here, it seems, that the California and Pac NW areas really have there ducks in a row with swap meets, C&C's, and participation in general. Anybody know of any swap meets that happen here in the Southeast... more specifically in Georgia?

...and, no, I'm not offering to be events coordinator, but I know we all have parts that we could sell/swap, etc. (often large ones), and it'd be great if a swap meet existed. Besides, it always great to check out other folks' cars!

Wouldn't mind doing some c&c's as well, but I have to get my shit together first and get my car running sad.gif
914four
You might try Okteenerfest. There is usually an informal swap meet during the event. I don't believe the date or location has officially been announced but the website says "See you in Helen, GA" and has a countdown clock to 9/14/18.

COUNTDOWN TO OKTEENERFEST 2018
Don't miss out...

weeks
days
hours
minutes
seconds
See you in Helen GA!

LOGIN
LOGIN HERE to uplo
Craigers17
That looked like a super cool event, ...the mountain roads/twisties on that side of the state are awesome. With a little luck, I'd like to be driving to that event this year instead of hauling parts driving.gif

I wonder what the chances that the new Porsche headquarters in ATL would entertain having a swap meet...I mean they have a race track, parking, and are centrally located. Seems like it would be a good grassroots old school PR event.

QUOTE(914four @ Feb 10 2018, 05:00 PM) *

You might try Okteenerfest. There is usually an informal swap meet during the event. I don't believe the date or location has officially been announced but the website says "See you in Helen, GA" and has a countdown clock to 9/14/18.

Don't miss out...

weeks
days
hours
minutes
seconds
See you in Helen GA!

LOGIN
LOGIN HERE to uplo

JFJ914
The Peachstate Region PCA will probably have one in the late fall near Jasper.
Craigers17
Thanks for the info John. That's pretty close.....do you you have to be a PCA member to participate?

QUOTE(John Jentz @ Feb 11 2018, 10:47 AM) *

Unobtanium-inc
I think Cogbill did one near Cleveland GA last year, he might be doing another.

If not Hershey is coming up.
Jamie
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Feb 10 2018, 02:34 PM) *

That looked like a super cool event, ...the mountain roads/twisties on that side of the state are awesome. With a little luck, I'd like to be driving to that event this year instead of hauling parts driving.gif

I wonder what the chances that the new Porsche headquarters in ATL would entertain having a swap meet...I mean they have a race track, parking, and are centrally located. Seems like it would be a good grassroots old school PR event.

I'd say you can count out any public access to the new PCA property, as I found out last year. I was in Atlanta on a business weekend trip, so stayed over an extra night in a downtown Atlanta hotel, with hopes for a visit on Monday. I was stopped at the PCA gate, while driving my Cayenne, and denied access because I had not made a reservation! I was mucho pissed, and later found out it was a Homeland Security requirement due to the headquarters being within sight of the Hartfield Airport. I guess they're concerned that a Porsche owner might have a Stinger AA missile in the front trunk! WTF.gif

QUOTE(914four @ Feb 10 2018, 05:00 PM) *

Don't miss out...

weeks
days
hours
minutes
seconds
See you in Helen GA!

LOGIN
LOGIN HERE to uplo

JFJ914
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Feb 11 2018, 12:28 PM) *

Thanks for the info John. That's pretty close.....do you you have to be a PCA member to participate?
No, just check peachstatepca.org for info

QUOTE(John Jentz @ Feb 11 2018, 10:47 AM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.