Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Ground Stud
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
[Edit: This "mystery" has been solved. The correct answer was - I'm a dumbass]

I've spent countless hours in my engine bay rebuilding the hell hole. It just now hit me that I'm missing the ground stud for the battery. Is it M8x1.25 like the harness ground stud above? Would my FLAPS have them? Have only found lots of 75 or more on evil bay. I just need the one. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
tazz9924
If your not worried about originality autozone sells them
ejm
There is no harness ground stud near the battery. The stud in the pic is the one for the battery ground cable.
bbrock
QUOTE(ejm @ Feb 10 2018, 06:51 PM) *

There is no harness ground stud near the battery. The stud in the pic is the one for the battery ground cable.

Oh yeah! You're right (need emogi for slap self in head). So what's the little hole above the batter tray? Looks like something is supposed to be there. confused24.gif
Spoke
I just welded a bolt from my local hardware store in this position. I don't think getting a battery ground stud matters as long as you get the right size bolt.
forrestkhaag
As fr as harness ground verses battery ground.... Ground is ground. If originally is not an issue simply tig weld a metric bolt threads out to the body in generally correct location.

As for needing to slap yourself around for not enunciating or clarifying the different grounds. Don't. There are plenty of slap people on World that remind us daily of our inaccuracies in a simple question. Keep asking. beerchug.gif
bbrock
Thanks guys. More dumb questions to follow. beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
The battery ground stud is in your picture...you know that right?
bbrock
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 10 2018, 09:44 PM) *

The battery ground stud is in your picture...you know that right?

Yep, ejm pointed it out and as soon as I saw his post, the light bulb went off that the harness ground is on the other side. There's still that little depresion above the battery tray that looks like it was intended for a stud that puzzles me. But I see there is a similar one on the other side. I'll go back to ignoring it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.