Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Porsche Sport Driving School
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevend914
Anyone taken this course? I gave myself a Christmas present to take the course and will be taking the two day course this week, Feb 15 & 16.

If you took the course, how did it go?
burton73
I did get a certificate for driving with an instructor for a couple of hours on the coarse. My buddy did this in a GT3 and threw up, as it was so fast and exciting.

They just radioed to come in and a crew cleaned him and the car and they went right back to out on coarse jamming.

I am going to take the mid engine cars out. They do give instruction.

Also had dinner at restaurant 917 and it was great.

Bob B

Los Angeles Experiences

Conveniently situated just minutes from Los Angeles International Airport, the Porsche Experience Center is near the intersection of two major Los Angeles-area traffic arteries, the 405 and 110 Freeways. In a region famous for its beaches and car events, Porsche has created a destination whose singular focus is to bring to life the Porsche philosophy of Intelligent Performance. This 53 acre venue in Carson, California, is also the new home of Porsche Motorsport North America. Within our 50,000 sq. ft. building shared with PMNA, guests can get an insider’s look of our historic race cars and workshop team.

Drivers can pilot the latest Porsche models through driving modules meant to demonstrate the power, responsiveness, and safety at the core of Porsche engineering. The Experience Center also offers event spaces and dining options, state-of-the-art driving simulators and a retail store with exclusive PEC branded merchandise that all live up to the Porsche standard.
Jamie
I did the one day Driving Experience several years ago at Barber Motorsports track in Alabama, and it was an excellent experience. Where else could I drive 4 different P-cars that I didn't own! Long years ago I was an SCCA club autocross junkie, my romping bug-eye Sprite with a few upgrades at the time. That was before life and wife came along, and I have owned a Cayman in addition to my 914. I was interested in how far out I could hang my Cayman, and this was the answer. driving.gif
clapeza
Here's a previous thread that sums it up pretty well. Be sure to watch the videos!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...286386&st=0

Have a great time. I can't wait to go back!
stevend914
QUOTE(clapeza @ Feb 11 2018, 01:01 PM) *

Here's a previous thread that sums it up pretty well. Be sure to watch the videos!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...286386&st=0

Have a great time. I can't wait to go back!

Thanks for the thread...can't wait for Thursday
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.