Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 2.2 911 T motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Chris914n6
Posted on CL this morning - NOT ME
------
Porsche 2.2 911 t motor

911/07 1970/71 911 motor., exhaust and carbs ( Zeniths). fan is just placed on motor for pics not attached

Motor should be gone through just due to the motor has been sitting and I don't know the past history. Motor turns freely.

Make offer, if its something Ill considered Ill reply back

AD

IPB Image
------
I don't know much about 6s but let me know if I can help.
Nacho
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Feb 13 2018, 12:33 PM) *

Posted on CL this morning - NOT ME
------
Porsche 2.2 911 t motor

911/07 1970/71 911 motor., exhaust and carbs ( Zeniths). fan is just placed on motor for pics not attached

Motor should be gone through just due to the motor has been sitting and I don't know the past history. Motor turns freely.

Make offer, if its something Ill considered Ill reply back

AD

IPB Image
------
I don't know much about 6s but let me know if I can help.

I got in contact with the owner and he is looking for $6000 on this engine.
IronHillRestorations
I'll be he is smile.gif
horizontally-opposed
$6000...for that.

This makes me wonder what the going rate on a freshly rebuilt 2.2E or 2.2S that's complete and ready to plug in is?
mepstein
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 18 2018, 03:01 PM) *

$6000...for that.

This makes me wonder what the going rate on a freshly rebuilt 2.2E or 2.2S that's complete and ready to plug in is?

Core - $2-3k
Labor - $5-12k
Parts - $2-10k
Doesn’t include induction.
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 18 2018, 12:23 PM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 18 2018, 03:01 PM) *

$6000...for that.

Core - $2-3k
Labor - $5-12k
Parts - $2-10k
Doesn’t include induction.

$20,000+ came to mind right off.

Bob B
Optimusglen
The motor in the original post looks and sounds like a core to me.

$6k seems outrageous now, how many years do you guys think until a core 2.2T is priced right at $6k?
GregAmy
Costs for rebuilding these things are silly. I had that same problem with air-cooled Lycomings for airplanes, but that was due to significant FAA regs and limited parts suppliers. What's the excuse for a $20k rebuild on a Porsche /6?

No wonder people are bastardizing these things with Subaru engines and what not.
mepstein
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Feb 19 2018, 09:50 AM) *

Costs for rebuilding these things are silly. I had that same problem with air-cooled Lycomings for airplanes, but that was due to significant FAA regs and limited parts suppliers. What's the excuse for a $20k rebuild on a Porsche /6?

No wonder people are bastardizing these things with Subaru engines and what not.

Parts are pricy. Restoring the old parts is pricy. Labor is detailed and specialized and takes a while, so becomes pricy, Tuning takes time and knowlege - pricy.
If you try to do these engines cheap and dirty, it won't happen. You cant slap them together like a chevy or even a VW and you can't buy them running from a junkyard and expect good results.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.