Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior resto-mod shop on West Coast?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Looking for a place that could customize and restore a center console, dashboard, and maybe replace dash top (which I can order from 914Rubber). I don't have the skills, facilities, or time to do this myself. The motor runs fine now, so I could take it from Seattle as far as California if necessary, but prefer not to get it wet.
Mikey914
Talk to Cary, He may have some time. I do make the tow bar that can make it easy to bring it down.
Just let me know.
Mark
amfab
My 993 seats and steering wheel are at Morro in Van Nuys right now

http://morroautointeriors.com

I will update when they are done.

The stuff in the shop they were working on when I gave a deposit looked really good
ValcoOscar
I have seen Morro's work up close and it was top notch. I would highly recommend. Good upholstery shops are getting harder to find.
Young talent base are not filling the voids left by retiring craftsman.
Can't wait to see outcome amfab!!!!

Oscar

QUOTE(amfab @ Feb 16 2018, 08:28 AM) *

My 993 seats and steering wheel are at Morro in Van Nuys right now

http://morroautointeriors.com

I will update when they are done.

The stuff in the shop they were working on when I gave a deposit looked really good

On another thread I was referred to Steve Shepp, who evidently did world class work (even the original Batmobile) for decades but sadly has ALS and cannot continue. I found out his business was taken over by Rich's Custom Upholstery, which intends to focus on motorcycle seats in the winter and automobile interior restoration in the winter. I reached Rich at (360) 881-0881. I was already comfortable with him because he did two motorcycle seats for us. His new shop is in Kingston WA, not the familiar one on 99.
914_7T3
I have used Morro as well with excellent results for my appearance gauge console. Will be bringing him my door cards and backpad next week.

Click to view attachment
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Feb 16 2018, 04:30 PM) *

I have used Morro as well with excellent results for my appearance gauge console. Will be bringing him my door cards and backpad next week.

Click to view attachment

From here your console looks great. I like the radio also ... I want to get one of those and store it for later when I have safer parking.
914_7T3
QUOTE(98101 @ Feb 16 2018, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Feb 16 2018, 04:30 PM) *

Click to view attachment

From here your console looks great. I like the radio also ... I want to get one of those and store it for later when I have safer parking.

Even better is what’s hiding discreetly under the passenger side dash. KENWOOD Marine Radio with USB for iPhone charging and full bluetooth hands-free capability.

Click to view attachment
914work
PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.