Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1st Drive in my SIX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Well I've had this car (my 7th teener, I think) for about eleven years ago. It was my daily driver for a couple of years. Then I made it into a track car. I had wanted to do a six conversion, but bought a house instead. Then I joined up with you guys and my car didn't run again until today. I'm just finishing my rebuild with a 2.5 liter twin plug six.
I just took it out for a ride and Holy S... what a great machine. It was worth the time and $. I just wish our A/X Sunday hadn't been cancelled.
Now it needs to back to the body shop for a couple of minor things, then I can put the graphics on and look in the rearview mirror at my competition.

T.C.
carr914
Flare job
carr914
More sawzall-smiley.gif
carr914
and
carr914
some primer
carr914
add some paint
carr914
and put the motor in
ken914
Whooooooo Wheeeeeeeeeee!

Nothing like a /6!

Absolute power corrupts absolutely!!

Congrats.
jfort
looks great. i wish i could hear it. i am also envious of those flares.
mudfoot76
Nice car! I especially like the paint job biggrin.gif

More pictures please!
brant
Congrats...
that is so awesome.

I just finally drove my -6 conversion for the first time (11 days ago)

Its fun....
congrats again
that is really.. really great

brant
redshift
smile.gif

2.5.. nice car mang!

M
URY914
Nice work, TC. smilie_pokal.gif

Bring that bad boy out to the next a/x.

Paul
d914
nothing like a high reving 6!!!!
smg914
Schweet!!!!!!

TC, let's us know when and where you will do your first race in this car. I wanna be there.

Steve
watsonrx13
QUOTE (smg914 @ Jun 2 2005, 03:33 PM)
Schweet!!!!!!

TC, let's us know when and where you will do your first race in this car.  I wanna be there.

Steve

Me too, me too.... T.C., congratulations you've earned all the smiles you get.... biggrin.gif clap.gif cool_shades.gif beer3.gif

Banana dancing time: mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
Trekkor
Great news!

SIX good... ohmy.gif

KT
mskala
I can tell it's fast, it blew the number circle clean off the door and
onto the fender ohmy.gif
J P Stein
Gud job. The first time out is memorable.....now git some tiar under that thang. biggrin.gif
carr914
Paul, What happened to the A/X this weekend? Were people scared that it's the 1st week of hurricane season?

T.C.
redshift
JP got black flagged for destroying the Panther team.

(indy joke.. either you get it or..)

M
Mr Dick
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
URY914
QUOTE (carr914 @ Jun 2 2005, 03:54 PM)
Paul, What happened to the A/X this weekend? Were people scared that it's the 1st week of hurricane season?

T.C.

The folks at the airpost are paving the taxi strip that we use. We have our fingers crossed that they are going to pave the entire width of it. If not we got a big ass hump to drive over. sad.gif

Paul
michel richard
We absolutely need all the details !

Which pistons and cylinders ?
What compression ratio ?
Induction details ? detail on the carbs etc . . .
Head details: port and valve sizes
Which cam?
Air filter ?
Exhaust (although we can see some of it ) ?
Crankshaft ? counterwheighted (sp?) or not ?
tranny ?
Rods ?
How is twin plug done ?
Which engine cases ?

The reason being: I have a 2.2 E MFI in my car, counterweighted crank and 5R case. I also have steel flares waiting to be welded on, and a short stroke 2.5 is an engine I've been seriously thinking about.

Fabulous that you've achieved this !

Michel Richard
carr914
Michel & friends
Started as a 2.7 7R case, case machined to accept 90 mm cylinders and shuffle pinned, Custommade JE pistons, compression ratio is 10.5 to 1, rebuilt & modified early Webers with 36 mm venturis on new 40/36 PMO manifolds with K&N filters and water shields, port work done on heads with new ss valves and hi-perf springs( I don't have the valve sizes infront of me, but will find out) Custom hand ground cams .412/.390, used a 2.2 crank that was cross drilled for oiling, twin-plug work (all machine work done by JB Racing- Tavares, FL right next door to Alex Job Racing), 3.0 SC oil pump, Electomotive Crankfire igntion, Motor dynoed at JBR with 220 hp and 185 ft/lbs torque, Kerry Hunter headers with megaphones from GT racing, 901 tranny rebuilt with short gearing by Brad Mayeur, Factory lightweight 906 flywheel, 911S clutch, Big front oil cooler from a 944 GTR with -16 ss lines. 89 Carrera calipers & disks with Pagid Orange pads, Rear coil over set-up, front RSR struts both with Koni Sport Yellows, 8x15 fronts & 9x15 rears Fuchs polished.

T.C.
carr914
Boy, I would really like to thank all those that congratulated me on this project. It was ALMOST as good as that 1st drive. ALMOST, cause nothing beats driving my teener. Thanks everybody, you guys are the best.
driving.gif

T.C.
Gint
Nice goin!

I can't wait to start mine up again after it's long rest(o).
carr914
Took some more pix.
Front Shot
carr914
Getty Carbon fiber hood
carr914
Interior shot with new Rennshift
carr914
Front trunk. I can't store anything in here
carr914
Rear trunk with the Coil packs for the Crankfire Dual plug setup
carr914
Engine shot
carr914
corner shot
carr914
Side shot

T.C.
Joe Bob
Looks gud...congrats mueba.gif
Eddie Williams
QUOTE (carr914 @ Jun 2 2005, 01:17 PM)
Then I joined up with you guys and my car didn't run again...

So what are you trying to say???
laugh.gif confused24.gif blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.