Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tips on removing the vent/blowers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
It appears that these are tricky to get out. Do you remove the cables that attach to the ventilation controls in the dash, or did the dash cables come out with these?

Any been there/done that that tips to pass along?

Thanks for the coaching!
aharder
I had to remove the clips and separate the two and then it was still a bitch to get mine out, with fuel tank in.
SirAndy
It's much easier to remove the cables from the vents than trying to remove the other end of the cables from the controls ...
shades.gif
rhodyguy
Label everything. You need to buy a good penetrant and start spraying all of the connections.
burton73
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 15 2018, 08:14 PM) *

Label everything. You need to buy a good penetrant and start spraying all of the connections.

agree.gif

Yes you pop the clip and then move the cable till the bent cable ends can feed out. Don’t cut you hand on the clips.

Take it slow and yea mark everything!

Bob B
Mowog4
QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 15 2018, 09:33 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 15 2018, 08:14 PM) *

agree.gif

Yes you pop the clip and then move the cable till the bent cable ends can feed out. Don’t cut you hand on the clips.

Take it slow and yea mark everything!

Bob B

I have a pretty stupid question. How does the airflow go through these pieces? Mine were missing when I got the car, now I am trying to understand it.
Tdskip
Thanks gentlemen - will give this a go tomorrow.
burton73
I think the air comes through the cowl and into the box and the fans push the air through the flappers that you are removing. There are connected by an air tube. I am inclosing a picture of my 6 for you to see easer on a fresh job.

Bob BClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.