Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.5 twin plug 914 on Jalopnik
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
Marco (should be familiar to some, TLG fame) and his 2.5 twin plug 914.

https://jalopnik.com/now-heres-how-you-make...tter-1823044856
72914wrx
How does this guy make a living driving cars and reviewing them but can't find second? I learned how to drive on a 914 at the age of 12 and never missed second . What a dope!
rhodyguy
what a crappy write up. Seemed like every compliment was a bit back handed. Pontiacs and Fiats. Glad we're in good company.
EdwardBlume
Makes a good case for a twin plug 2.5
914_teener
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 15 2018, 10:46 PM) *

what a crappy write up. Seemed like every compliment was a bit back handed. Pontiacs and Fiats. Glad we're in good company.

I read it this morning on the train.

I agree.....what crappy writing.
pete000
Not the best video production or driver, but a nice car !
horizontally-opposed
Marco Gerace is good people. And his 914 is a cool one with a cool story. Nice to see this.
BuddyV
I like that the car was not a trailer queen.

And sounded great.

beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
I'd be hard pressed to turn the key over to stranger on that road. That they were moving at a pretty good clip and the driver has to look at the owner to carry on a conversation, while rowing to find 2nd, would be unnerveing. "DUDE! ROAD!!" smile.gif

rgalla9146

Seems odd that a well versed Porsche mechanic would tolerate crappy shift action.
It will never be like a modern linkage but I'd give Marco the benefit of the doubt
......maybe a failed bushing.
Or the Jalopnik guy is just so spoiled by modern cars.
2.5 twin plug mmmmm ! That is a fun car. And stock fenders too !
JmuRiz
FYI: it's not Jalopnik testing, it's Matt Farah from TheSmokingTire. He's driven LOTS of cars on that road, so he knows that area of the Angeles Forest road like the back of his hand.
It's gotta be tough to jump in a car and try to figure out the shifting quirks our cars have.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=324403
mr9146
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 16 2018, 12:41 PM) *

Seems odd that a well versed Porsche mechanic would tolerate crappy shift action.
It will never be like a modern linkage but I'd give Marco the benefit of the doubt

I took two of my cars for Matt to drive that day ... the 914 and my 75 911. On the way up to the meeting spot I drove my 911 and my friend drove my 914 so I didn't know there was a shifter issue until I was sitting in the passenger seat. After the day's events we took the cars back to the shop and I looked at the linkage; turns out the set screw in the ball cup was a little loose. Tightened it up and now it's back to being perfect.

Not really Matt's fault, and had I known about the issue I would have been able to fix it on the spot as I had the tools in the trunk...
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mr9146 @ Feb 17 2018, 02:07 PM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 16 2018, 12:41 PM) *

I took two of my cars for Matt to drive that day ... the 914 and my 75 911. On the way up to the meeting spot I drove my 911 and my friend drove my 914 so I didn't know there was a shifter issue until I was sitting in the passenger seat. After the day's events we took the cars back to the shop and I looked at the linkage; turns out the set screw in the ball cup was a little loose. Tightened it up and now it's back to being perfect.

Not really Matt's fault, and had I known about the issue I would have been able to fix it on the spot as I had the tools in the trunk...

My comments weren't meant to insult.
It turned out there was an unknown issue, as suggested.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.