Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/914-6 rear bumper question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
sixaddict
Need information on correct configuration:
Seems that I recently read something that contradicts what I had as "correct" up to that point in time.

1970 914-6 rear bumper is recognized as unique based on squared off inset. I believe the 1970 -4 is also that configuration. Is that correct ?

Also, ( and this is the part that surprised me ) ---the 71 914-6 has the "smile" look on the rear inset versus the squared off configuration.

Is that correct or misinformation.

I know a few of you ( Glenn, Bruce , Mark ) will know that answer which is what I am seeking versus a guess.

Thanks

TOT

1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 16 2018, 05:13 AM) *

Seems that I recently read something that contradicts what I had as "correct" up to that point in time.

1970 914-6 rear bumper is recognized as unique based on squared off inset. I believe the 1970 -4 is also that configuration. Is that correct ?

The original rear bumper on my 1970/4. I have understood that the rear bumper design changed sometime during the 1971 calendar year.

Paul
gms
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 16 2018, 07:13 AM) *

Also, ( and this is the part that surprised me ) ---the 71 914-6 has the "smile" look on the rear inset versus the squared off configuration.

Is that correct or misinformation.

I know a few of you ( Glenn, Bruce , Mark ) will know that answer which is what I am seeking versus a guess.

Thanks

TOT

You are correct. I have never seen a definitive answer as to when the change over occurred. I have heard of the square bottoms on 1971 (4 & 6) but this is such an easy part to change that it is really hard to say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.